Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jake Wilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sedan
Hi guys,

Just wondering, for those located in Adelaide, who they might suggest for some mild “starter” modifications for my 2015 VF SS Commodore?

Of course, I have done some reading, research, and quoted up prices on a few places. This includes Mopowa, Streetfighter, Independent Motoraports, Paul Pavlou Motors and a few others and have received quite a varying degree of responses and quotes for what appears to be essentially the same upgrades.

Hoping I might be able to get some more experienced and unbiased advice on what to look for/where to go/etc. and if it’s worth checking out some smaller shops with rave reviews and happy customers (eg. Custom LS Tuning, etc.).

Car is stock besides a Harrop MAF OTR CAI and a sound system, and I’m just looking for a full engine back performance exhaust (would love some advice on brands and variants - just know I’d like a 409 grade stainless with 1 3/4” headers and 2.5” pipes as I’m keeping the car N/A), DOD/AFM delete, full out tune and dyno with print out.

I’m not experienced or confident enough to tackle it myself, hence the need to outsource.

Cheers, any advice much appreciated

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
I went to Morpowa, Very happy with the tune and service. If your car is auto have the trans tuned as well. Transforms the car.

I used HSV headers / centre section and high flow cats. Morpowa uses Manta exhausts which are great but a little expensive. Will depend on your budget.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I know Paul Pavlou motors has been around for years...Their workshop floor you could literally eat your lunch off...

I have seen over the last 10 years a few tasty cars out the front and inside their workshop at Thebarton.....

If you search youtube for drivin with dixon, Charlie Dixon, the Port Adelaide footballer's channel, he has mentioned a bit about Paul Pavlou motors....From memory Pavlou did work on his Monaro roll race car. So it might give you a little insite with Paul Pavlou motors....

Here's the car in question, but may not necessarily have the plug for Paul Pavlou Motors in this particular video

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
power tec the old willall, had about 10 ls cars tuned over the years never an issue.

Re exhaust so many options maybe join the SS owners club SA branch on facebook and go for a cruise to hear a few types, i have a KPM 3" on my VF Ls3 and sounds great got it of gumtree 2nd hand for $800.