Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PLEASE help ?? - BCM - solar sensor remote receiver problem i think

bolty

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore
Hi there,
My keys remote buttons do not unlock / lock the car, however manually in the door the key unlocks and locks the car no worries, and the car runs fine.

Ive had a locksmith try and program a new key head , however he couldnt program it to the BCM, so ive replaced the BCM and PCM and key head (all programmed together), and the buttons still dont work...

Im thinking it could be the solar sensor / remote receiver in the middle of the dash under the windscreen ??, Has anybody had any problems with this before, and do they give problems ?

any help here would be greatly appreciated..

cheers
Martin

bolty

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore
Hi there,

I have managed to solve the problem... this is a real curly one that im sure has caught a lot of people out before..

After extensively searching the VY Schematics, and finding nothing of any substance... the VT service manual proved to be the most helpful.

We replaced the Solar Sensor / Remote receiver, and presto, the central locking now works... Turns out there was a tiny bit of corrosino on the PCB board, im guessing from condensation from the windscreen. and to think Holden were quite willing to jump and change my $500 BCM before changing this part for $40

hope this helps someone.