Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

possible fuel pump problem? please help!!!

VS5spdV6uteowner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 5SPD UTE
:bang:my vs ute isnt starting anymore, but before this happened i would have a problem where if i put the foot down just even a bit the fuel would cut off and id end up stalling, this eventually got worse and would happen if i tried to baby it. Now it wont crank over. When i go to crank it i wait for the noise of the fuel pump, but instead of hearing the normal noise, it sounds real rattely. I replaced the fuel filter, and ran a fault test and came up with fault code 12 (everything ok) , to me it would seem the fuel pump but the rattely noise seems to becoming from the throttle body area so its got me bummed! anyone have any ideas and if it is the fuel pump where its location is on the utility, it deosnt say in my workshop manual, but i heard it may be under the floor pan of the drivers seat and the tank has to be dropped, thanks for your time!!

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
hey mate sounds like the fuel pump is on its last legs.

a few things you could try

replace the fuel filter. and have a mate bang on the tank as you try to crank her over.

also make sure there is fuel in there. the gauges have been known to lie.

and if not i would be changing the fuel pump. and it is inside the fuel tank.

you need to drain all the fuel and the fuel tank is in the tray. close to the cabin. there is like a panel with a bunch of screws holding it down.

VS5spdV6uteowner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 5SPD UTE
!

sweet cheers guys, i took that panel in the tray of this mornin haydz, so all i do is drain the fuel and open her up i guess to change the pump, hopefully i get it all going ill keep ya posted cheers!