Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear brembos for 2012 SSV Redline

adelaide-luke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline Wagon 2012 A6
Hi, I've been using this forum as an info source for a while and found it very helpful and pretty spot on thus far so thankyou for that but this is my first post.

I have a 2012 redline wagon and basically I just want the rear brakes to match the front pretty much just for looks. Brake covers and painting the current calipers is way too dodgy, not a teenager anymore! All the posts I can find are for different reasons or starting with the standard ssv so I can't find the info I'm after.

So my questions are
Has anyone done this?
Are there particular calipers (ie red with white brembo stickers) out there?
I'm guessing the rear rotors have to be changed too right?
Is there anything else I should consider brakes wise while I'm at it?
Can anyone recommend a top place in Adelaide to do the work?

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
p1000679i.jpg

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
hey aussie. what wheels are they, would like something similar on my red sedan (size offset etc)

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
mate ebay has the fake covers to go over the rears... if you are just doing it for looks.... dont pay for the real thing if thats what your after only.

adelaide-luke

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had a look at your show off my ride page aussie willy, very expensive! What exactly are they on the back? 4 pot? Rotor size and brand? And I gather you upgraded the front rotors too?

adelaide-luke

Reaction score
Members Ride
So I'm guessing no one is really watching this thread but for anyone who is I have found the following.
Silver or yellow calipers off a 04-07 cadillac cts-v are pretty easy to get. They are 4 pot front and rear.
The 10-13 cts-v gets 6p fronts and 4 rear.
Only the 2013 cts-v comes with the option of red calipers so for now widely unavailable and at $800 per caliper (not including postage) probably not worth hunting down.
So BSM/V-Sport is still your only option as Willy found out at $2620 for the kit (calipers, dba 4000 350mm rotors, pads, hoses) but they can't supply matching curved slotted rotors for the front but GSL can atm luckily.
Still a very expensive exercise!
One last question, where in Adelaide should I get it all fitted? Seems pretty straight forward to me so should I just got the cheapest? (Qualified obviously)

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Any reputable mechanic / performance shop should be able to do it. I have the Brembo 6 pot front, 4 pot rear sitting in the shed, I'm getting Enhanced automotive to fit mine. Ill let u know how it goes, he's currently machining the front 370mm Brembo rotors with little 'S' slots.

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
No one. The 370mm fronts were for the 6 Piston CTSV callipers, and required me to buy them online and ship to Aus.

The brake install went well also, no dramas with either the front or rear.