Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear brembos for 2012 SSV Redline

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
OP - Why not buy the silver 4 pot rear calipers off the Caddy and paint them red to suit? Mine were about $250 delivered for the pair.

Last edited:

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
I find the front brembos in my redline ample enough. Huge stopping power with some good pads..

Unless your making huge power, Or going for crazy track times id say go for it.

I believe there is covers you can get if you want the rear to look like the fronts...

cheers

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
470rwkw Twin Turbo VE SS-V
OP - Why not buy the silver 4 pot rear rotors off the Caddy and paint them red to suit? Mine were about $250 delivered for the pair.

Are you able to share where you got them from? That's dirt cheap!

Tumbler

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve redline
Yes they are big brakes but I am looking at supercharging and I have heard the stock ones with better pads do the job..... But my wife insists that I get them and yellow..... U can't argue with that :)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Are you able to share where you got them from? That's dirt cheap!

Yep - See below. They are Brembo's made for AC Delco

ACDelco 172-2309 Caliper Assembly
h t t p://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S2OR8Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ACDelco 172-2308 Caliper Assembly
h t t p://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S2Q5O0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ACDelco 18K1970X Professional Durastop Rear Brake Caliper Kit
h t t p://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A58TOK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Calipers were $232.41 + $13.11 for the spring kit + postage.

You also need pads, 350mm or 355mm rotors (355 is the best option), plus new bolts from Holden.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Just wondering who supplies front rotors 370mm for ve redline

GSL Rallysport. I weighed these up, GM high performance Brembo part cheaper than DBA, much lighter, definitely looks spectacular.

Bottom line is the drilling of the knuckle to fit caliper is a bit dodgy, doesn't sit well with my reason for getting big brakes.

Like 426Cuda says you get a more effective braking system with 4x355mm rotors and four-pot Brembos than one pair of über spec six pots up front and mini discs fitted with one pot screamers anchoring your rear. 12 pots front 2 pot rear changes the braking bias to near 100% front, pushing the vehicle toward instability by under braking the rear.

http://stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/rear-brake-upgrades

It is not so much emergency braking once or twice but max distributed stopping torque and cooling 'lightens' our behemoth by increasing dynamic performance such that you can throw the car around more with confidence.

Last edited:

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
My brembo rears arrived today from Amazon, massive for rears!! Still waiting on the pin kit as I ordered genuine part number. Pads of choice are on the way as well and once all arrived I will get the custom T3's from brakes direct (GSL). Cant wait!!

Tumbler

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve redline
Yes this is true big brakes little brakes 12s & 2s, but thinking 12 front 8 rear but maybe 8 and 8 what pads do you recommend