Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redline brakes

Spiza666

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve SS Ute Sizzle Red
Fair enough didn't think about the rotors I'll probably get the front first

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Fair enough didn't think about the rotors I'll probably get the front first

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Get them all!!

Dunno whether these are Camaro or Caddy... but both rears need special discs - same 355mm as the fronts but custom order through GSL - $240ea plus pads plus caliper bolts (yes they are different).
For the extra $1250 plus fitting all up it is definitely worth it for high speed balanced braking. Brake torque with 4 pistons and 14" slotted & vented Aussie DBA T3 rotors is amazing, versus one piston clamp on Omega mini disc as stock. Looks good too.
The CTS-v are the ones to source (over Camaro) the only problem is CTS-v has them leading vs our car trailing, which means that because it uses a differential bore setup (like a sports bike) you need to swap the crossover pipe, so that the smaller piston is first in rotational direction.
Youve got the clearance and performance to take advantage of these.. DO IT!!

Spiza666

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve SS Ute Sizzle Red
Oh okay you've sold me, seems like a good birthday present for me then haha

stavs347

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm caprice
I've done this on my wm caprice front and back , fronts cost me $899 and the rears $720 complete I bought rear non slotted rda disks for about $167, the hardest thing was trimming the dust shilled for the back the fronts are piss easy. The rear callipers had the v symbol on , ordered brembo stickers on eBay colour matched the callipers rubbed them down painted and complete, will put some pics up soon.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Here's what you will see:

brembo conversion 002.jpgbrembo conversion 003.jpgbrembo conversion 007.jpg

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Is there an engineering/legality issue with the rears? Fronts are not an issue as they were fitted from factory on the Redline but given the rear brembo kit wasn't and you have to drill out the holes on the caliper mounting points, do you need an engineering certificate etc? Would an insurer have an issue with the rears in the event of a total loss?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Is there an engineering/legality issue with the rears? Fronts are not an issue as they were fitted from factory on the Redline but given the rear brembo kit wasn't and you have to drill out the holes on the caliper mounting points, do you need an engineering certificate etc? Would an insurer have an issue with the rears in the event of a total loss?

Depends on which State, last discussion needed moderating... but the rears dont require drilling, thats the six pots for the front. These are straight bolt-on like HSV.

3onTree

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline Sportswagon
Bin the PBR single piston and fit Brembo

I've fitted CTS-V calipers to the rear of my redline wagon. Easy upgrade. Fitted Hel brake lines too - major tip, go to Amazon I bought my rear calipers for under 300 landed. Search for ACDelco 172-2309 Caliper and 172-2308. Get the pins and retainer set too - about $15. Oh and you need to unscrew the cross over pipes and swap them around so the bleeder nipples are at the top (these brembo calipers are setup for the caddy so you need to carefully unscrew pipes and swap position with the bleeder nipples )- you are not supposed to swap left and right caliper so this needs to be done. The Pontiac g8 forum had great notes on this too. Use a 10ml pipe spanner - those painted nuts are a bit annoying, just scrape off the paint from the nut or the right sized spanner won't fit. I fitted the 355mm T3 DBA 4000 rotors and QFM pads all from GSL Rallysport. It's worth doing , not much difference in every day driving, but under hard braking it is noticeably stronger braking. Oh and make sure you fit shims to pads (QFM don't come with shims), or they'll squeal and drive you nuts.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I've fitted CTS-V calipers to the rear of my redline wagon. Easy upgrade. Fitted Hel brake lines too - major tip, go to Amazon I bought my rear calipers for under 300 landed. Search for ACDelco 172-2309 Caliper and 172-2308. Get the pins and retainer set too - about $15. Oh and you need to unscrew the cross over pipes and swap them around so the bleeder nipples are at the top (these brembo calipers are setup for the caddy so you need to carefully unscrew pipes and swap position with the bleeder nipples )- you are not supposed to swap left and right caliper so this needs to be done. The Pontiac g8 forum had great notes on this too. Use a 10ml pipe spanner - those painted nuts are a bit annoying, just scrape off the paint from the nut or the right sized spanner won't fit. I fitted the 355mm T3 DBA 4000 rotors and QFM pads all from GSL Rallysport. It's worth doing , not much difference in every day driving, but under hard braking it is noticeably stronger braking. Oh and make sure you fit shims to pads (QFM don't come with shims), or they'll squeal and drive you nuts.

Hey,
I'm doing this rear upgrade to my VF Redline. Can you tell me which QFM or other brand brake pads I need. i.e part number would be good if you have it?
Will these fit:

http://www.amazon.com/Hawk-Performa...m_auto_12?ie=UTF8&refRID=0N5WVT2Y9SKRJDVSQZX0

Do you know if they're any good?

I also notice they are listing a slightly different part number for the Caddy CTS-V #172-2486 & 172-2487?
I've just ordered the AC Delco 172-2309 Caliper and 172-2308 so am hoping they will fit!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/part-finde..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1WEM6Q8RR8D5VEAJMGS6

Cheers

Last edited: