Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Repair costs

NansGotAnAk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Sv6 Commodore Ute
G’day guys
not too sure how to work this yet but i just have a general inquiry here.
how much would it cost to repair the front end damage on My 2015 VF ute? besides all the cosmetic damage and damage to the radiator and all that there’s no other damage anywhere, just want some opinions, cheers as
IMG_4613.jpeg
IMG_4612.jpeg
IMG_4615.jpeg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Best to get a quote from a crash repair place, but looking at that there is no change from $5k.

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
Have you got insurance? Best to go through them because you don't know what structural damage has occured behind the bumper/bonnet. My wife love tapped a ute in the school car park with her Mazda 3 driving less than 10km/h. Damage was a bent bonnet, cracked headlight, damaged bumper and upon closer inspection a crack in the front bumper bar frame. Car was repaired under insurance but the damage bill was about $6k according to the panel shop when I spoke to them and we are talking 2019 here.

NansGotAnAk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Sv6 Commodore Ute
Have you got insurance? Best to go through them because you don't know what structural damage has occured behind the bumper/bonnet. My wife love tapped a ute in the school car park with her Mazda 3 driving less than 10km/h. Damage was a bent bonnet, cracked headlight, damaged bumper and upon closer inspection a crack in the front bumper bar frame. Car was repaired under insurance but the damage bill was about $6k according to the panel shop when I spoke to them and we are talking 2019 here.
yeah i’ve got insurance, i only ask cause they wanna do a stat write off but everyone that’s seen the damage thinks it can all be fixed, the photo below is of a mates car that most definitely should have been written off but was repaired
IMG_4681.jpg

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Being that it is white and has the evoke front end you will probably be able to source the bonnet,grill,bumper from a wrecker as alot of the fleet evokes were just white so parts might be easy to find.

You will need to check that the headlight housings are intact.
If the airbags have deployed then that is going to cost more.

Price will depend on how cheap you can source the parts.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
yeah i’ve got insurance, i only ask cause they wanna do a stat write off but everyone that’s seen the damage thinks it can all be fixed, the photo below is of a mates car that most definitely should have been written off but was repaired

The surface damage isn't bad, what you can't see could be a completely different matter.

Everything can be fixed but is it worth it from a monetary standpoint or worth the effort?

Will the payout for a write-off enable you to purchase another Ute.

If so, I'd walk away from it.

Make that run, for a couple of reasons:

1. it's not a collectable

2. why repair when you can replace it with an undamaged one.

If you are truly interested in resurrecting it, then get a repairer to quote it then go from there.

Personally, I think you'll be surprised at how much it'll cost.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
yeah i’ve got insurance, i only ask cause they wanna do a stat write off

Be prepared to be low balled hard by the insurance company.

If you do let them write it off search for sale examples that are the same as your vehicle.
Try and get the same year and as close to the odo on your vehicle.

When they lowball you reject it and give them your examples and tell them to do better.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Here's a kangaroo hit with a repair cost of $7400 in 2018. Looking at the damage, it's mystifying how a bonnet, headlight and bumper could reach that price but when we're talking repairing the car "properly" the cost adds up!

This was a nice car, an FGX XR6 Falcon with 18,000 km's our BMW panel shop with the awesome painters repaired. This is where the right insurance company is essential with choice of repairer for a nice car. The car was insured by Allianz (one of the best) who approved the quote no problems. The repair job was magic and seriously couldn't tell the car had ever been crashed!

IMG_20171216_221229804_HDR.jpg

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Here's a kangaroo hit with a repair cost of $7400 in 2018. Looking at the damage, it's mystifying how a bonnet, headlight and bumper could reach that price but when we're talking repairing the car "properly" the cost adds up!

This was a nice car, an FGX XR6 Falcon with 18,000 km's our BMW panel shop with the awesome painters repaired. This is where the right insurance company is essential with choice of repairer for a nice car. The car was insured by Allianz (one of the best) who approved the quote no problems. The repair job was magic and seriously couldn't tell the car had ever been crashed!

View attachment 253314
Kangaroos, a national treasure, but a local pest...
They are tasty though...

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Kangaroos, a national treasure, but a local pest...
They are tasty though...
I had just done a wheel alignment on this FGX, it was pulling left after 4 alignments at different shops who couldn't fix it. The only problem was a 3-degree castor variation from left to right! We get an odd roo around our way and on the road test in a back road, I'd just pulled 5th gear 80 kmph and saw this roo pop out from the RHS. By the time my foot hit the brake, I'd hit the roo about the same time and saw the bonnet fold up in the RH corner, wonderful! The roo hopped off back into bush and didn't seem to injure it too much noticeably.

As much I hated bending this customers pride and joy, I'll be honest to say in the moment, I thought I'm glad it wasn't my Gen F R8 wearing this roo! I shouldn't mention my old R8, I'm still kicking myself for selling that car for 65k at the time was a crazy price! At the moment (below) just before the buyer drove away, I almost gave him his bank cheque back, called the sale off and kept it!

20200726_151301.jpg