Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ryco Catch Can - RCC350K

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Thanks for the tech tips and clarifications AL. It’s good to know that there are a good number of folks out there; putting the money where their mouth is.

My car is one of those direct injection contraptions and my daily drive involves a lot of stop-n-go/ short trips. So I’m on the lookout for a catch can solution. I went through the Ryco website - but does not seem that there is a commodore/ Calais LFX specific RCC351 kit. Can you help me out?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
reject modernity

return to monke

Al>

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Calais V Director
Thanks for the tech tips and clarifications AL. It’s good to know that there are a good number of folks out there; putting the money where their mouth is.

My car is one of those direct injection contraptions and my daily drive involves a lot of stop-n-go/ short trips. So I’m on the lookout for a catch can solution. I went through the Ryco website - but does not seem that there is a commodore/ Calais LFX specific RCC351 kit. Can you help me out?
You should definitely get a catch can on to your LFX. Direct injection eventually suffers
PCV contamination. The RCC351, although overkill, would work on your LFX however I don’t have a vehicle specific kit. The RCC351K is a generic kit that comes with generic bracket and rubber size reducers so you can attach a smaller fuel hose that will work on your V6 PCV ports.
Once we’ve done a smaller catch can I might look at vehicle specific kits for popular petrol vehicles. I do know that some customers have successfully fitted an RCC350 (with modification) to V6 Commodores so it must be possible to package in the engine bay.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
The RCC351, although overkill, would work on your LFX however I don’t have a vehicle specific kit. The RCC351K is a generic kit that comes with generic bracket and rubber size reducers so you can attach a smaller fuel hose that will work on your V6 PCV ports.
Once we’ve done a smaller catch can I might look at vehicle specific kits for popular petrol vehicles.
+1 for an LFX vsk. I’m going to pester the ryco rep about it each time she comes in :cool:

Reactions: Al>

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Ok guys here goes my ryco install . My brief was to make a bracket using basic tools and have it not attached to the motor I made the bracket out of 2mm mild steel using just angle grinder drill press and hand file and a little bit of mig welding
1rst pick shows the bracket which slips under the fusebox and is held down by
20201107_143329_compress89.jpg
20201111_174717_compress21.jpg
20201115_121103_compress85.jpg
20201115_141143_compress2.jpg
the front and back 6mm studs 2nd pick bracket powdercoated ready 2 go . 3rd pick showing fitted under fusebox and wire attached to bracket. 4th pick finished all finished and happy with result

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That's a very nice bracket. I'm sure that would achieve a pass mark from the BOM boys.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
That is really neat ! Good work mate

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
That is really neat ! Good work mate
Thanks to be honest that was mark 2 lol it is pretty tight there but the hardest part of the install was getting the old hose off . I went with the 3/8 hose in and out of motor . The 3/8 hose slips into the 5/8 adapter on the can and i cut a 3/8 hose joiner in half and put it in each end of 3/8 hose before sliding into 5/8 adapter. Hope that makes sense

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Thanks to be honest that was mark 2 lol it is pretty tight there but the hardest part of the install was getting the old hose off . I went with the 3/8 hose in and out of motor . The 3/8 hose slips into the 5/8 adapter on the can and i cut a 3/8 hose joiner in half and put it in each end of 3/8 hose before sliding into 5/8 adapter. Hope that makes sense

Yep. Makes sense. Might do this one day when I am bored

Reactions: Lex

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
Very neat. Well done. I think I'm going down this route too.