Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ryco Catch Can - RCC350K

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Ok thanks guys I do know what the different forms of injection are but just to clarify what a complete idiot i am I thought the vf 6.2 was direct injection and I was going to have long term issues with the build-up of gunk from the recirculation of emissions. Just picked up the bracket from powder coaters tonight . Mumble Mumble reload
Even the LS engines benefit from a catch can mate if you removed your intake and throttle body and saw all the oily crap in there you’d know what I mean, I’d fit the catch can if I were you

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Even the LS engines benefit from a catch can mate if you removed your intake and throttle body and saw all the oily crap in there you’d know what I mean, I’d fit the catch can if I were you
Hey thanks . I will put it on i am just so peed of with myself thinking it was direct injection. I should of said nothing and been thought I was an idiot instead of posting on here and removing all doubt

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Hey thanks . I will put it on i am just so peed of with myself thinking it was direct injection. I should of said nothing and been thought I was an idiot instead of posting on here and removing all doubt
Don't be too hard on yourself, I've made heaps of mistakes but what I love about this forum is just how much I have learnt.

And, I just installed one myself!

Last edited:

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
No body is calling you an idiot mate, don’t stress

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I don't see any downside to a catch can other than the need to empty it once in a while.

Al>

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Calais V Director
Ok thanks guys I do know what the different forms of injection are but just to clarify what a complete idiot i am I thought the vf 6.2 was direct injection and I was going to have long term issues with the build-up of gunk from the recirculation of emissions. Just picked up the bracket from powder coaters tonight . Mumble Mumble reload
The oil mist also lowers effective octane in the air fuel mixture so it’s worth removing with an effective catch can. Where are you planning to mount it?

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
The oil mist also lowers effective octane in the air fuel mixture so it’s worth removing with an effective catch can. Where are you planning to mount it?
I have made a bracket that bolts under the fuse box i have got some photos and will try and load them up tonight

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
What catch can did you get mate?
I got one of the ryco air oil separate it is blak plastic with filter in it the unit itself looks ok but the kit itself is no that great it doesn't have the right fittings for our application but hopefully I have it sorted