Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Safety Recall] Electric Power Steering — MY2014 to MY2016 Holden & HSV, VF Commodore & WN Caprice

ybl8te

Reaction score
Members Ride
calis vn v8
did your vf have a steering fault?
i ask because you said it went in for inspection which is not how the recall works.
with a recall like this they take the vehicle and replace the parts regardless of the condition of the parts on the vehicle.
they should not have to inspect it then order parts because they should have the parts on hand by now to perform the repair on all of the vehicles in the recall.

if you did have a fault maybe that is why the whole thing is being replaced.

My VIN number was on the recall.....rang a Holden place, they told me to come in for a inspection and see what parts required. Nope no steering fault, but only had the car for 5 weeks..........so do not know about previous history.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
they told me to come in for a inspection and see what parts required.
they knew what parts were required because it is on the recall.

well it looks like you scored the whole thing so it is a bonus for you in the end :)

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
Mine goes in this friday , i have paper work showing the rack was replaced in 2014 it is a 2013 vf calais .
Was having a look under it this morning and looks likes a **** of a thing to get to . Marked a few bolts and took photos , i have expensive wheels on it and if they remove the rack i want a print out to show were every thing is positioned . If it does not compare to my wheel alignment that i have now , i will be getting another alignment and try get the money off holden .

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
1514453638677.jpg

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
oh yes i remember the bbs, very different compared to most.