Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Security lockout active vehicle - data mismatch

Tha Tyrant

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series 2 Calais
check fusible links on positive battery cable
. I have and they seem fine. I've found that it's not getting any power to the headlights,dash lights, key lock, ignition? Just all the main stuff

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
With all these, the only way forward will be with a Tech2 or similar device to probe various circuits and confirm data mismatches.

Sure, check all fuses. Check all fusible links to avoid looking like a goose at a mechanics or auto elec.

Not an easy fix.

Not specific to Holden’s, any modern car will require a data interface device of some sort to fault find.

locks117

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Sedan 2007
Hi guys,

I just had trouble with vehicle mismatch message. After disconnecting the battery overnight and leaving the headlights and ignition switch on. Connected battery.in the morning but still no avail the message appeared.

Hint** I tried a cheat where I pushed all three buttons (the fan, AC, and air controls) all at once for 3 seconds)

Boom!!

Code cleared, stereo and fan controls are back to normal.

Give it a try! It might work

P.S I don't know if my stereo/ heater short out because it's happened in the past and always goes back to normal doing the 3 button push, ie fan controls stuck and can't change audio..

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
It’s what you did. It resets the HVAC to a default setting. There will be some calibration of the actuators.

The headunit and HVAC form part of the security on the car if it is plugged in. It might have glitched and not communicated correctly with the cars CANbus system and stopped the car starting.

Same happens if you plug in a headunit from another car without flashing your VIN to it.

Djwebb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Hi can anyone help me out about the security lockout vehicle data mismatch active and I have brought a second hand ignition switch barrel comes with Keys and it's still won't start

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi can anyone help me out about the security lockout vehicle data mismatch active and I have brought a second hand ignition switch barrel comes with Keys and it's still won't start
It’s because you need a Tech2 or similar high end interface.

There are a lot of modules on the VE that all need to read the same VIN. It’s a can of worms. As far as your car is concerned, there is a VIN data mismatch and is preventing the car from starting.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
As Above ^^^^^

Your NEW Key needs to be Programmed into the BCM, and RFA unit.

2010veomega

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve omega
It’s because you need a Tech2 or similar high end interface.

There are a lot of modules on the VE that all need to read the same VIN. It’s a can of worms. As far as your car is concerned, there is a VIN data mismatch and is preventing the car from starting.
I changed all the same and my car still starts but has security lockout I changed bcm,ecu,key,ignition