Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Security lockout active vehicle - data mismatch

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I changed all the same and my car still starts but has security lockout I changed bcm,ecu,key,ignition
That’s because doing that is valid for VZ.
Not VE.
Every module on the CANbus network has to have the same VIN.

You now have a whole bunch of modules scattered about the car that do not talk to the Key, ECM, BCM because they have a different VIN.

Like your home network. Only devices with your home wifi password can access it. Just because you bought your neighbours router which is the same as yours, your devices won’t talk to anything until it’s all configured with the same passwords and access.
The only way all this can be over come is to have the modules you have introduced to the network reflashed with your vehicles VIN.

The door locks will also need to be changed if you have inadvertently changed the ignition barrel and the key.

If I were you, I’d be putting all the old stuff back in and change only the module you feel you need to. Have that reconfigured to your VIN and all should be well, provided nothing is damaged.

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Like your home network. Only devices with your home wifi password can access it. Just because you bought your neighbours router which is the same as yours, your devices won’t talk to anything until it’s all configured with the same passwords and access.
The only way all this can be over come is to have the modules you have introduced to the network reflashed with your vehicles VIN.
Nice analogy Fu.