Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service Costs VE

Johnjoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Sidi 3.6l v6
Manual
First service was free, 15,000 was $145.

Just done 30k for $245, all at a Holden dealership. Next one at 45k, they recommend to fit new tyres, change clutch and brake fluid.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I will second Goodyear...

Engine Type: 6l V8
Transmission: Manual
Log Book Service Interval: 120,000km (minor service)
Any other work done to affect price: 4 Wheels alignment, flush coolant.

Price: $381.80
Company/Location: Goodyear Phillip ACT

Friendly staff, work well done. Timely. No hidden surprises.

Actually, I'm not a fan of Goodyear Phillip mate.... not after today :(.

Whilst my first service was with Goodyear Erindale, I thought I'd go to Phillip because it was closer to work. Should've stuck with Erindale (which I will be doing from now on).
Just got my car back from a service at Phillip.

$210 for the 60,000km minor service.... plus $70 for a wheel alignment.
That's acceptable, but there are others who quoted less- I went there for convenience work wise.

But the thing that really pissed me off is that I can no longer trust them :(.
I organised the service, gave instructions, but got mrs to do the drop off and pick up.

On no less than 4 occasions (2 to me over the phone, 1 to mrs person, and another one on the receipt itself!), it was stated that a tyre rotation would be completed/was completed.
Mrs brings car home, and sure enough when I get home and check the work, no tyre rotation!
How do I know for sure? I marked 2 front rims with a black texta on the inside, and plus the rear left rim has gutter rash from the mrs riding up every gutter when she parks on the street.

This was after I explicitly told the guy on the phone I want the rear tyres rotated to the front because they are wearing more on the inside and the previous set had to be changed earlier because of this... and he "took the time to go ask the mechanic to make 100% sure". Yeah right.

So stuff them. I'm not going to complain to them because it wont do anything and I dont trust them with my car anymore, but I am letting everyone else who reads this who's thinking of using Goodyear Phillip.... dont.
No point in going somewhere convenient if you cant trust them not to lie multiple times point blank to your face.

I'm fuming atm, but I'm seriously thinking a letter to head office might be on the cards too. I know its only a tyre rotation, but ffs lieing to me and mrs like that really gets under my skin.

Goodyear Erindale has never let me down, so I guess I'll go back to them. They were cheaper anyway.

/end rant, f off Goodyear Phillip :upyours:

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
VE SS M6 V8, 120,000klm, $248, was done by APC stapylton, QLD, found a few issues which were logged on the service report, as I was waiting for it they came to me straight up and told/showed me on the car, small oil from extra sensor I had fitted (told them to fix straight away) front sway bar bushes worn, (replaced them next day myself) and they found a screw in my tyre so got that fixed at tyre place that arvo, these guys didnt miss anything so had them quote for g/box oil replacement ($100) so went back following week and had done (got them to do diff while it was up and only charged me for extra oil, big rap for these guys, (their workshop is right next door to walkinshaw performance):idea3:

eggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Engine Type: SV6
Transmission: Auto
Log Book Service Interval: 45,000km (minor service)
Any other work done to affect price: Fix puncture.

Price: $270.00
Company/Location: UltraTune Burwood, NSW

Good price (local stealership wanted $480) good job, a+++ will use again.

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
If you're handy with the tools just do it yourself. I got a stamp made up and have done all my own servicing. Never had a problem with getting any warranty work done, but that was the gamble I was prepared to take.

SSVRED77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SS V 2007
Mine gets serviced at my m8's Ultra Tune. He uses Mobil 1. He tells me her services his Hsv VE Clubby every 20,000km. I service mine every 10,000. Ve commodore's are not VT or VY's m8. Even spark plugs now last for 100,000+

SSVRED77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SS V 2007
Service Costs

Ultra Tune Watergardens Shopping Centre

Ve ssV 2007

100,000km service $220. Will be cheaper now that I have a CAI. I clean that myself :)

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Sidi 3.6l v6
Manual
First service was free, 15,000 was $145.

Just done 30k for $245, all at a Holden dealership. Next one at 45k, they recommend to fit new tyres, change clutch and brake fluid.

New tyres at 45k? Wow you must be hard on them, I am booking mine in for its 45 today, tyres are still at 50 / 60%

I'll report back later with a price for the 45.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
do it yourself and you're effectively voiding your warranty if you're not MTA authorised mechanic ?!

not worth risking it !

Biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard in regards to vehicle servicing. You can do whatever you wish to your car. If anything that you have done may (MAY) cause a secondary problem that can be irrefutabely linked to anything that you have done the Holden may (MAY) question the validity of a warranty claim. Very unlikely though. I have never (NEVER) heard of such a case. It would be very detrimental to Holden to treat a customer in such manner.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
VE V8 models incl HSV, book minor service $160 using Nulon 5w-30, genuine filters.
Whitelaw automotive, Martin dve Ballarat.

He's been my mechanic for about 20 years and I trust his work like no other. I only used the dealer for past services on my VE while it was in for warranty work, but after my last experience with them, I will never go back to them. The irony, Lance at Whitelaw auto was recommended to me by a workmate after I was robbed blind by the local dealer for a small job I had them do on a Torana I had back in the day.