Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So, Who's Actually Buying One?

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
And how much cheaper is a Patrol in the US?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Back to original question; would I buy a new VF?

If the VF is only to be built until 2016, then no; simply I cannot afford a new car both now and in the early stages of my new career.
If its still being made in 2018 (unlikely) - possibly. The VB is a long-termer, may be wanting to get rid of the VX. But VX only has 72,000km left on it. I know its history, it has all I need, abundant cheap supply of parts. So will be keeping VX for a while.

So in conclusion - no. Way things are going would not be surprised if Elizabeth is shut by 2016.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If I was looking for a new sedan or wagon, the VF would definitely be on my short list. I like what I have seen in the interior shots and the upmarket model that has been shown doesn't appear to have the styling "miscues" of the red Omega seen in other threads. I have hated the VE interior from day one and the VF seems to have addressed all the things wrong about the VE interior. (I think the VY-VZ interiors looked hugely superior and had a finesse about them that is totally absent in the VE.)

Unfortunately, I'm not in the market for a sedan, nor am I ever likely to be again. So, no, I won't be buying a VF. But I sure am looking forward to checking them out in detail once they're released.