Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Social's Implusive 6L VZ Thunder

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
yeah, there gone, got some 17's 5 spoke of some sort but their offset is bit too much so it scrubs on bumps (heavy bumps)

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
yeah, there gone, got some 17's 5 spoke of some sort but their offset is bit too much so it scrubs on bumps (heavy bumps)

Pics?.......

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
not worthy of pics haha, there a shitty replica of the vy gts 19s but as 17s. was going to just put stockie 15s on, failed.. brakes too big. tried 16s, failed.. brakes to big so 17s it was haha, im just going to cruise around on these until i get my hands on some vy r8 Clubsport (powdercoated white), bboss elanors or otherwise similar in 19s

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Should"ve swapped me for mine lol j/k, I'm sure you"ll get your hands on some newies soon...I can see how the 17's would be a pain in the ass though, I remember the day I picked up my car I drove straight to the wheel shop that were holding onto my rims for me, wasn't the same level of gratification as when they went on my first car (because they looked huge on the vectra), but they were better than stock 16's from the VY S pack.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Bit down the track, deciding to make sure all the engine and drivetrain is perfect before is start throwing exterior goodies at it, il be making a list soon, i guarantee it will break $10k lol.

I dont mind the 17s, because there a 5 spoke and have a 40 side wall they still have a decent look to them, and 17" tyres are by far cheaper to get than 18"+ trying to be conservative lol. But as for rims, definitly 5 spoke and white over the impulse blue shud look mint as

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
AT LAST! The car is back, it runs properly! *massive grin* mechanics replaced the cat on the drivers side, was the last thing on the list, walked away with 2 brand new oxy sensors (genuine) and new cat.. heaps of running around but a warranty is there for a reason. Popped into everlast mufflers to try and figure out a light droney ring sound at 1050rpm, turns out the rubber right at the back of the exhaust wasnt the right one, got a tri-hole rubber block and she sounds sweet. good to be finally getting rid of all these tweaks...

only handbrake adjustment, car service, replace right hand side light, wire in aerial to new deck i forgot to do, get some new brakes and rotors and roll the guards on the rear to stop scrubbing.. im sure il think of more things along the way..

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Got some of the servicing done tonight, new air and oil filter and oil, new spark plugs in, snapped a lead so need to wait til Monday to get the new eagle set :( so no weekend drive, but will give me time to give her a detail, engine bay clean and possibly gearbox oil change too

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Leads are in, nice and fat blue 10.5mm ones and she runs... the same! lol after browsing multiple rim types i think ive found a well suited set of 20s. Got one of the photoshop thread boys to put something together, what you guys think? I recon it looks tops

IMG_0853Avanti20s.jpg

Last edited:

rlg999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
You really need to lower the rear another 3" its full 4x4 spec the rims will look silly at that height!!!

rlg999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Google images will let u see heaps of impulse blue utes with sick rims have a look:):)