Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV Series II vs Redline Series I

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I bought VF 2 Black Edition, did Brembo upgrade and a few other things. Apart from a nervous breakdown it was a great value :)

At the time I could not justify another 10K on top for Redline for bits I did not care about.

Look at SS Black Edition and SSV (non redline).

Black ed. Came standard with HUD, Sat nav, and all chrome blacked out. Have a look at my topic in VF section.

You will save money and find excellent examples for 45k

Brake upgrade is easy if you are not me....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231130_194647_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231130_194647_Gallery.jpg
    587.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Best value would be an MY17 SS, the SSV was dropped, and the SS got most of the features.

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
wow i paid 43k for my 16 SS manual new

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Best value would be an MY17 SS, the SSV was dropped, and the SS got most of the features.
MY17 SS and SV6 is the same excluding engine and wheels. I think HUD and satnav is the only MY17 addition. SSV had the Redline seats, steering wheel, pedals, door trims, suede dash trim etc. SSV didn't have the front camera, lane change departure and crash alert that Redline has. I'm not sure if SSV had HUD standard, some I think did.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ SSV had HUD by MY16.

Pazzu

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SS Thunder 2017 VF S2 SS
I must say the MY17 SS is damn good value for a base SS.
HUD is a awesome addition. As it was an auto I added the paddle shifters and i feel its quite complete.

Coming from an Manual cammed SS, i must say the better diff almost makes up for it.

Brakes and lowering it would be nice, but currently as a daily driver it doesn't seem to make sense for it. Perhaps it will get those treatments when it becomes a weekender.

I guess the only thing i would really miss are from the ssv and ssvr are the leather seats and more adjustments. Not hard to resolve of I can be bother to find some 2nd hand ones. I wish memory seats are an easier option.

Really couldn't give a rats arse about the driving aids like front camera, lane change departure and crash alert blah blah.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Yes you do, Crash Alert is a total PITA (which you can switch off if it's not your car - but when the person whose car it is wants it left on you're dealing with cam 60's Batman style THWAP! and BLAM!! alerts coming-up & interrupting whatever you're listening to while driving around slowly in tight-ish backstreets).