Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering lock module

Waykool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 ssv redlineS
Had the steering lock module replaced on advice from service centre, steering column still not locking, now they want to investigate further, and have the car booked in, what a pain this is, this problem only started after i had 2 new key fobs programmed in to the car, and they have asked me to bring both sets of keys when they check this out further, car is out of warranty, only has dealer extended warranty, which does not cover any modules, i have to worry what is actualy causing this, and what it could cost me, i have complained to holden customer care, they have the cars details, and are logging my concerns, does anyone here know what this problem could be?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Waykool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 ssv redlineS
Does it really matter?, if you dont have anything helpful to say, dont reply!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Had the steering lock module replaced on advice from service centre, steering column still not locking, now they want to investigate further, and have the car booked in, what a pain this is, this problem only started after i had 2 new key fobs programmed in to the car, and they have asked me to bring both sets of keys when they check this out further, car is out of warranty, only has dealer extended warranty, which does not cover any modules, i have to worry what is actualy causing this, and what it could cost me, i have complained to holden customer care, they have the cars details, and are logging my concerns, does anyone here know what this problem could be?

i thought this might happen and you should have lodged a case with holden customer care first so they could also track the progress but you "could not be bothered" at the time.

moving on...
you have now started a case with them which is good.

if it was not the locking mech i would be asking customer care or the dealer to cover the cost of the replacement mech because it was not the problem and it was their misdiagnosis of the issue that caused that cost.

now you failed to mention before that it all started after you had 2 new keys programmed which could be the cause so the person that programmed those keys might have not done it correctly which could be causing the issue and that is why they have asked you to bring both keys in because they will reprogram them and lets hope that solves the issue.

Waykool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 ssv redlineS
The point is i have now lodged a complaint with holden customer care, the dealer is also asking customer care about a possible refund for the price i paid for the module, as far as the new keys go, hopefuly the way they programed them is the problem, i really do not need replys that are simply just rude

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
i really do not need replys that are simply just rude

This is a forum and you dont get to choose what people say when they reply to you.

I have not seen anyone be rude to you.

Waykool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 ssv redlineS
This is a forum and you dont get to choose what people say when they reply to you.

I have not seen anyone be rude to you.
Do not reply to me again

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Do not reply to me again
lol yeah good luck with that one.

Here is a free life tip for you....
If someone says something you do not like that does not make it rude.

Going by your logic you have been rude to many people on this forum by telling them not to reply because you seem to think you can dictate what other people say on this forum.