Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thanks

Nitrate Thunder

Couldn't afford Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV
Hmmm. Check out some of the corrosion problems under Mxxxxxgs as found by unhappy owners who have vented frustrations on the Ford Forums.
May yours be a good one.

Thanks. Do you have any links I can't find anything on the 2018-2019 models. I know in parts of America they spray the roads with salt during snow seasons which causes corrosion problems with a lot of vehicles.

Nitrate Thunder

Couldn't afford Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV
@Nitrate Thunder have you driven a moosetang?? Like not just around the block but on the highway for some time?

Because suspension is nonexistent and the seats are great at holding you in on a race track but are way to tight for commuting.

Yes mate. I got to drive one with Magnaride suspension (which I have ordered) and AC-Heated seats. Only drove for about 2 hours but was pretty impressed. It won't be my daily either.

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Would just like to thank all who have helped me with queries along the way as well as the threads available for me to be able to research what I was looking for. 98 percent of the time there was a thread relating to what I was looking into.

I have had a VE II and a VF II that have now left the garage, I don't think I will ever purchase another Holden now that there are no Aussie ones left and I don't have 100k for a camaro.

Any way thanks heaps happy motoring ;):)
+1 for the info on this forum Nitrate.

Shame you're going to the other side:mad:, pity you had those issues with your VF. If it didn't have those, would you have kept it?

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Fair enough I have spent a lot of time in the moosetang’s (I have a family member that works at ford) ranging from the four-cylinder turbo up to 2019 5L and I just don’t rate them.
But they do get a SH*T load of attention whenever you stop somewhere.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
But they do get a SH*T load of attention whenever you stop somewhere.

Do they really? Where I am they are bloody everywhere, I personally don't look twice at one now.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Thanks. Do you have any links I can't find anything on the 2018-2019 models. I know in parts of America they spray the roads with salt during snow seasons which causes corrosion problems with a lot of vehicles.

Couple of pics from unhappy chappy. https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11479561
(You will probably have to join their forum to see/read posts, not a difficulty, just don't say any slightly bad about a blue oval product)
Situation is probably not that much different to some ZB owners on here who have found corrosion. We are used to Oz built cars which don't have to cross oceans with salt laden humidity. European cars used to rusty from new (think Alfa,Peugeot) whereas home grown cars lasted somewhat longer.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
I live in Brisbane and pretty much anywhere I went I got pulled up by people asking about the moosetang.

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
I was at an Aldi and when I came out from shopping a new tang in gunmetal grey was parked next to me. I had some time to kill waiting for a mate that was also shopping so sat waiting to see who owned it. Various people walked toward it but carried on until eventually this tiny old man, couldn't have been much over 5 feet if that, carrying some groceries came over and opened the boot. I struck up a conversation with him. Turned out he was 92! and had bought it for himself as a birthday present, been a Ford man all his life. As it slowly idled out of the car park, V8 rumbling away, and slowly idled off down the street I figured within a couple of years at best someone is going to inherit a near new car that has never been over 50kph. :)

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Id love a mustang just not over the many other cars I also dream about.

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Id love a mustang just not over the many other cars I also dream about.

The only reason to have a Ford in your garage is to act as an Annode to stop Holdens rusting...LOL.