Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thanks

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Were these the versions that were cast here, and ended up being porous engine crank cases?

Yes..and don't forget the abominable auto transmissions..

However, build-quality wise they were top notch for their day. By the time the third gens rolled around, there really wasn't much wrong with them at all..except the clear coat on paint. You'll struggle to find a non-white one that isn't stuffed..

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ The first two generations were mechanical garbage screwed in an accurate & repeatable way. :)

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
How’s the 2019’s interior quality. I remember sitting in the 17 at the Adelaide 500 and being served key underwhelmed. The VF was a lot better. I see they have a digital dash now which is awesome.

Nitrate Thunder

Couldn't afford Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV
How’s the 2019’s interior quality. I remember sitting in the 17 at the Adelaide 500 and being served key underwhelmed. The VF was a lot better. I see they have a digital dash now which is awesome.
The interior hasn't changed too much. It is a bit nicer and the digital dash is a ripper. Heated and cooled seats are great. The infotainment system (SYNC 3) is very sharp and a lot more intelligent than the MyLINK system from the VF II.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
A credit to the VF that it can still have a better interior than a 2019 car.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
A credit to the VF that it can still have a better interior than a 2019 car.
This is true. Better than a lot of current cars actually. Including the ZB and many European cars I've drive. Certainly better the American models including Camaro and Mustang.
It wears well too. My 2013 Red line with 90k kms is near as good as new and no rattles.

Nitrate Thunder

Couldn't afford Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV
I disagree dude, the Mustang does have old school feel in some areas due to keeping the Retro look but it shits all over the commodore unless you need a 4 door family car. Please don't take offence as I loved my Commo but there is no comparison....heated and cooled seats, electronic dash and Sync 3 kills anything on offer from GM.
This is true. Better than a lot of current cars actually. Including the ZB and many European cars I've drive. Certainly better the American models including Camaro and Mustang.
It wears well too. My 2013 Red line with 90k kms is near as good as new and no rattles.

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I disagree dude, the Mustang does have old school feel in some areas due to keeping the Retro look but it shits all over the commodore unless you need a 4 door family car. Please don't take offence as I loved my Commo but there is no comparison....heated and cooled seats, electronic dash and Sync 3 kills anything on offer from GM.
I don’t think anyone takes offence on here but from your last 3-4 comments the best the Mustang has to offer is the “heated and cooled seats” and if that’s the best it can offer I can’t see many people on here converting

Nitrate Thunder

Couldn't afford Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV
I don’t think anyone takes offence on here but from your last 3-4 comments the best the Mustang has to offer is the “heated and cooled seats” and if that’s the best it can offer I can’t see many people on here converting
Not looking at converting anyone mate, and whilst the seats are great there is a lot more to offer. Line up with one on the road somewhere and let me know how the tarmac tastes after it leaves you a decade behind.