Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thanks

Nitrate Thunder

Couldn't afford Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV
This is true. Better than a lot of current cars actually. Including the ZB and many European cars I've drive. Certainly better the American models including Camaro and Mustang.
It wears well too. My 2013 Red line with 90k kms is near as good as new and no rattles.
How so bloke? the Mylink infotainment system is really slow and outdated. When the drivers seats in the VF start moving around the cost is 1500 dollars to fix out of warranty. Please tell me which European interiors are worse than the Vf Commodore other than the ZB Commo as I also have an older VW that is far superior than the **** GMH have delivered. What European cars do you drive??

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I disagree dude, the Mustang does have old school feel in some areas due to keeping the Retro look but it shits all over the commodore unless you need a 4 door family car. Please don't take offence as I loved my Commo but there is no comparison....heated and cooled seats, electronic dash and Sync 3 kills anything on offer from GM.
No offence taken at all mate. But, I care little for cpu fans under my butt, 1980's esqu digital dash or dash mounted ipads. That's not what excites me about cars.
I'm not sure how the pony shits all over a VF2 Redline, Motorsport or say a GTS though? Interior and build quality aside, I'd back these VF commy derivatives against a current Aus spec Mustang at the track.
Back on the interior etc Americans don't do interiors well. Nor build quality. Never have. The current stock of Mustang's and Camaro's are no different.
That said, I'd take a Camaro over a Mustang any day of the week, and I'll grab a C8 too if the price is right.

Last edited:

Nitrate Thunder

Couldn't afford Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV
This is true. Better than a lot of current cars actually. Including the ZB and many European cars I've drive. Certainly better the American models including Camaro and Mustang.
It wears well too. My 2013 Red line with 90k kms is near as good as new and no rattles.
Really??
No offence taken at all mate. But, I care little for cpu fans under my butt, 1980's esqu digital dash or dash mounted ipads. That's not what excites me about cars.
I'm not sure how the pony shits all over a VF2 Redline, Motorsport or say a GST though? Interior and build quality aside, I'd back these VF commy derivatives against a current Aus spec Mustang at the track.
Back on the interior etc Americans don't do interiors well. Nor build quality. Never have. The current stock of Mustang's and Camaro's are no different.
That said, I'd take a C
I'm not sure how the pony shits all over a VF2 Redline, Motorsport or say a GST though? Interior and build quality aside, I'd back these VF commy derivatives against a current Aus spec Mustang at the track.
That said, I'd take a Camaro over a Mustang any day of the week, and I'll grab a C8 too if the price is right.
Have a mate that still has his SSV Redline VFII, I have done less than 700km in the mustang and the mustang eats it for breakfast and it's not even run in yet. I don't give a frogs about the interior to be honest but the mustang burns that as well and it was you that said the interior on the VF was better than the european cars...which is bullshit at best. As for the defensive stance on the VFII v the Mustang... Honestly and without being bias as i have owned both the Mustang is another level above. Do yourself a favour and go to a dealership (stealership) and drive one. They are very different to the 2017 models and I would not have bought one otherwise. As for the Camaro you would rather buy a vehicle through HSV???? it is a super seeded model that they buy for 23K convert and sell for 90K, if thats what you want then more the fool you.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
was talking to a bloke that drove an SV6. How do you go against Roush (Forced induction) Mustangs?

never tried, but will let you know when I do, might win, might lose? Who cares? Any particular reason why you’ve become so snippy all of a sudden? Don’t like people defending commodores on a commodore forum? You’ve taken an interesting stance I must say.

KLoNe

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.2L V8 Phantom VF2 Calais-V
Do they really? Where I am they are bloody everywhere, I personally don't look twice at one now.

I'm back and forth between Brisbane and San Diego atm. Mustangs are literally Corolla's over there.
My mate's over there are :eek: whenever I tell them Aussie's think they're the Beez Knees.

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
was talking to a bloke that drove an SV6. How do you go against Roush (Forced induction) Mustangs?
Guess that was aimed at me then, sorry have updated my car list and avatar just for you, and as mention by someone else, I would happily meet you if we weren’t in different countries.

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
Interested to see how well they (Mustang) age with kms/time. As I believe my next car will be either a Mustang GT or Golf R (or Kia Stinger) after the VF.

As someone who never had brand loyalty (came from a JDM skyline to a BMW 335i then to the current VF), all I care about is what0's good bang for buck performancee car under my budget ($40kish) on the 2nd hand market.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Interested to see how well they (Mustang) age with kms/time. As I believe my next car will be either a Mustang GT or Golf R (or Kia Stinger) after the VF.

As someone who never had brand loyalty (came from a JDM skyline to a BMW 335i then to the current VF), all I care about is what0's good bang for buck performancee car under my budget ($40kish) on the 2nd hand market.
If it's bang for buck you're after, chuck a blower on it.
I reckon the styling will age well. They're a classically good looking machine, with that agressive fasrback stance.
I like the shape and styling of the Mustang. Nice 5.0L too. How that holds up is anyone's guess. It makes power right up high in the rev range, so that will encourage having it's neck wrung. Not great for longevity perhaps. But, it's an atmo V8. It should last for ages. I don't like the interior at all.
I'd certainly have one over a Golf. Actually I just wouldn't drive a Golf. I can probably see my wife in one though.