Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The ultimate bulb replacement guide

LodiBruce

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chevy SS Sedan
I changed my interior lights to LED along with the trunk, I'm sorry boot for you guys down under, and got them from super bright LEDS. Very nice bulbs and so far no problems. But only had them in for a few months. The dome lights were to bright for me so I changed those again to red LEDs. I used CanBus bulbs for all locations.

The white lights are the map lights, which I left upgraded. The red light is the dome lighting, both front and back. I don't have a pic of the back dome light. B.

Attachments

• interiorwhite.jpg
    interiorwhite.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 412
  • interiorred.jpg
    interiorred.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 374

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I changed my interior lights to LED along with the trunk, I'm sorry boot for you guys down under, and got them from super bright LEDS. Very nice bulbs and so far no problems. But only had them in for a few months. The dome lights were to bright for me so I changed those again to red LEDs. I used CanBus bulbs for all locations.

The white lights are the map lights, which I left upgraded. The red light is the dome lighting, both front and back. I don't have a pic of the back dome light. B.

Think I'll get a red LED for the dome light, yours looks good!

LodiBruce

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chevy SS Sedan
Thank you. B.

alexandervf

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF Commodore sv6
Does anyone know how to replace the left rear boot lid brake light? Thanks

smitchy

Reaction score
Website
www.webchemistry.com.au
Members Ride
Holden Commodore SSV Redline VF Series II
Hey you going mate, im actually in the middle of doing a new version of this post for the VF series II Redline that will include rear bulb replacement... coming soon.

noelryan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm 2014
Hey there, bloody awesome post ... my first bulb has gone on my 2104 VF Storm, so time to replace with white halogens as per your article.

Can I still buy the bulbs you listed in a 'kit'? Who did you buy them off? And, did any not last very long? Have you found better substitutes?

Thanks!!

smitchy

Reaction score
Website
www.webchemistry.com.au
Members Ride
Holden Commodore SSV Redline VF Series II
Hey mate.... Yes I am actually in the process of updating this guide as I now have a SSV-Redline MY17 it will be more complete also. Yes Bling Auto Works is still my main supplier, call them and be sure to mention Mitch from the Just Commodore Forums they will look after you.