Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre pressures

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
How come when I take my car to have wheels balance and wheel alignment they always put my air pressure at 36psi it drives me nuts I keep telling them its better at 38psi but they know best and say 36psi is recommended. This has happened at not one tyre place but 3 well known places I wont mention names.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^^ No sweat. Edit is your friend :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
How come when I take my car to have wheels balance and wheel alignment they always put my air pressure at 36psi it drives me nuts I keep telling them its better at 38psi but they know best and say 36psi is recommended. This has happened at not one tyre place but 3 well known places I wont mention names.

Is the pressure measured by your gauge, when it comes back at 36PSI?

AS for what they know best.....Obviously people that can't read a tyre...either persever with re-setting yourself, or have a serious word to the owner, to get the floor staff to do as the customer wishes

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Lol so you don't know how to do timing chains on a VE commodore and you call yourself a mechanic haha, I call you a glorified tyre fitter.
You only know how to fix old dinosaur cars because thats all you know. I work on anything and everything like Audi S6's to Jeep grand Cherokee's, Susuki Swift's, Mitsubishi Canter's, Kia Carnival's, HSV Maloo's, Golf GTI's anything and everything. I did a head gasket on a 2016 Colorado the other day it's a Fiat diesel engine same as in the Jeeps.

I get dirty every day 6 days a week and I've diagnosed more cars than most without dealer support. Can you diagnose a DPF issue on a Subaru diesel?
Oh yea when I was doing alignments I never used the setting page I used a biessbarth 1800 microline and set cars up on random measurements screen so no green or red. I used to get cars coming back with even wear every time I also install camber correction and castor correction products.

You would be like a first year at my work.

Never said I was a mechanic......I do suspensions and tyre work....And I'm prowd to be called a glorified tyre fitter.....Goes to show, I can do my job well.

I started doing alignments with a cervix machine.....So yeah, dinosaur ways teach you how to diagnoise tyre wear issues, not using a bloody computer system, like you young whipper snippers.....Which is why so many know all youngins like yourself, don't last too long with me

So keep beating your chest....You might get it big enough to get that medal pinned on it
And it shows....You need a computer to tell you where to look, not actually use what is between the ears.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I see someone on facebook is selling them for 99.00 each is that good for 235/45/17, my tyres have 60-65% left but the tyres are starting to show tiny cracks in the rubber along the outside edge in the low side of the tread so I don't know if they be still pass roadworthy if cops pulled me over or not.

Not going to comment on the pricing over facebook...Every place has a different price structure, so if I was to quote a price, it may come back and bite me in the ass.

I also have a gut feeling, that those places on facebook, don't have any sort of warranty back up......Buying from a tyre place, at least, you have peace of mind, that should you have an issue, you have a place to call on, to have it checked and replaced, if necesssary, with minimal outlay, if any

I am also aware, Mycar automatically give you a road hazard warranty, which means should you get an irrepairable puncture, or you have an impact fracture, the tyre is replaced free of charge. Other places, I believe offer this as an added expense.

Just for the record, No I don't work for MYCAR.....I'm only putting it out there, to help you can weigh up options, when ordering tyres

As for the cracking....A seriously doubt a copper would pick it up, however having the cracking tells me, that they are old and starting to deterioriate, which can lead to them failing....So I personally would replace them, before they actually fail.

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Oh btw you would likely have a break down at my work because you bite to easy hahaha.

It'd be more like, you'd leave within the first month, with me there....I've been around long enough to pick a smart ass and know how to make them leave, within the regulations.....

I started at a place that did 300 cars per day, just with tyres.....That was 7 days per week.....So don't try the break down, or hard work lines with me, because you have already said, you don't work hard....(ie 4 cars per day)....

So it's time you moved on because you have shown time and time again, you only know a little bit to do with tyres and alignments...(and I'm being generous with a little bit)

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I run 40 psi in my 18s if anyones interested :rolleyes:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I run 40 psi in my 18s if anyones interested :rolleyes:
Not really ... but if you can please insult me, it’d be on-topic for the thread! :)

Brown Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Nitrate Manual Redline
It'd be more like, you'd leave within the first month, with me there....I've been around long enough to pick a smart ass and know how to make them leave, within the regulations.....

I started at a place that did 300 cars per day, just with tyres.....That was 7 days per week.....So don't try the break down, or hard work lines with me, because you have already said, you don't work hard....(ie 4 cars per day)....

So it's time you moved on because you have shown time and time again, you only know a little bit to do with tyres and alignments...(and I'm being generous with a little bit)
I'm willing to bet that internet forums being what they are, if you put u 2 blokes in a bar, with a beer or 2, you'd have your 'arguments' but they'd be just friendly banter over a beer
YMMV

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Never said I was a mechanic......I do suspensions and tyre work....And I'm prowd to be called a glorified tyre fitter.....Goes to show, I can do my job well.

I started doing alignments with a cervix machine.....So yeah, dinosaur ways teach you how to diagnoise tyre wear issues, not using a bloody computer system, like you young whipper snippers.....Which is why so many know all youngins like yourself, don't last too long with me

So keep beating your chest....You might get it big enough to get that medal pinned on it
And it shows....You need a computer to tell you where to look, not actually use what is between the ears.

Mate you're not a Suspension mechanic hahaha you're a tyre fitter. I worked for people where we actually rebuild and modify cars not just adjust them. After I rebuild a car I put it up on the aligner and start from scratch and reset all the angles.
I'm a qualified mechanic dude.... your a tyre fitter not even a bog sniffer a tyre fitter hahaha.