Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Updating the VF to 2020

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I hired a GT for a while and fords tech is amazing (common across their range), the pure driving ability is similar to the vf though.

the tech has plenty of teething problems but helps so much for economy while also having the ability to turn it up.

if only the mustang was a functional like a sedan or ute. coupe feels much tighter in the twisties but from all accounts you can push both as hard at a track.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I hired a GT for a while and fords tech is amazing (common across their range), the pure driving ability is similar to the vf though.

the tech has plenty of teething problems but helps so much for economy while also having the ability to turn it up.

if only the mustang was a functional like a sedan or ute. coupe feels much tighter in the twisties but from all accounts you can push both as hard at a track.

I think of my ute's as Coupe's with big boots.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

recently? you'd need to compare everything to the outgoing ZB not the VF unless the GT was the same age as the VF (ie 2013)

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Hey guys, I currently have a VF2 SSV LS3.
Was supposed to do some upgrades last year but was away overseas in Greece and got back about a month ago.
Currently have a custom tune + otr.
It went from 208rwkw to 246rwkw & from 542.4NM to 596.1NM torque.
I see alot of people with the same car are getting full exhaust systems with a tune and otr resulting in 295-300rwkw.
Im looking to upgrade my exhaust to a full exhaust with either 1 3/4 headers or 1 7/8 headers along with high flow cats & 2.5 inch cat back with bimodals.
Correct me if im wrong but i cant see how im going to achieve a 50rwkw gain to reach 295rwkw with upgrading to a full exhaust and retune. Is it possible?
Im looking for more bottom end torque and more responsiveness so are the 1 7/8 headers ok for that or should i go 1 3/4??
I hope there will be decent gains cause cost is close to $5k for full exhaust & retune.

ZB not the VF

why they are completely different

2016 vf vs gen 6 (ie current) 2018 stang

the mustang has typical american big plastic, driver aids are annoying at first but make it so much easier to live once you understand the quirks.

economy was v8 but not lazy pushrod

1500km at three tanks of 52L which is 10.5L but 80% highway cruising.

no HUD

auto can be a PITA as usual

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I found the Mustangs interior to be a downgrade on the VF which surprised me. I’d love the tech though.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I found the Mustangs interior to be a downgrade on the VF which surprised me. I’d love the tech though.
Lookit the Camaro interior then!!

2020-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-convertible-dashboard-carbuzz-363982.jpg

I mean, I guess part of the crapness you can excuse because it's trying to be retro - but urgh!!

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Lookit the Camaro interior then!!

2020-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-convertible-dashboard-carbuzz-363982.jpg

I mean, I guess part of the crapness you can excuse because it's trying to be retro - but urgh!!

Still better than the Stang and VF though. As it should be.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Better than VF?!?!
I’m not saying the VF is all that crash hot, but that Camaro interior you’d think could possibly be a case-study in ‘tasteless’ that was accidentally implemented ...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Better than VF?!?!
I’m not saying the VF is all that crash hot, but that Camaro interior you’d think could possibly be a case-study in ‘tasteless’ that was accidentally implemented ...

It does look a bit plain and basic.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Better than VF?!?!
For me it feels like I’m sitting in a bucket trying to look over the rim :oops: and I’m average height :rolleyes: