Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Updating the VF to 2020

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET

AAAC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Motorsport
I hope this helps. I'll see if I can find the seller on eBay.
View attachment 209664
Either they've gone up, or my memory is getting worse! Still, not expensive and my two of these work flawlessly.
Edit
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Auto-Ca...023086&hash=item19dfd09ddb:g:tCsAAOSwY~VZcIg-
Hi Cuda, the OBD dongle arrived today. It was delayed due to the current health crisis. It works perfectly without flashing the indicators. My car is set to self-lock on exit. If the windows are open, they automatically close when the car locks itself. Thanks mate.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi Cuda, the OBD dongle arrived today. It was delayed due to the current health crisis. It works perfectly without flashing the indicators. My car is set to self-lock on exit. If the windows are open, they automatically close when the car locks itself. Thanks mate.
Good stuff mate. I can't imagine either of my cars without this little upgrade. It's a very useful and cool feature. Just wish i had another OBD for the elm327 dongle...

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
i figured it out, just hold the button. I was just pressing it until they started. so yeah. all good. yeah indicators flash not 10 times or anything crazy just a couple from memory.

even works well with remote start.

Hold unlock till windows are down, tap lock then hold start. after that you can even wind the windows back up. great fun.

recommended!
Got mine too.
Nice novelty.

Same indicators here too. Flash when starting the car.
$15 well.spent

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Such features should be selectable via MyLink and it doesn’t sound like it’d have been difficult for GM/H to do. This is especially so if some 3rd party guy can sell a $15 dongle to do such...

Just out of curiosity, how do these dongles impact the vehicle being that they are permanently plugged into the OBD port?

AAAC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Motorsport
Such features should be selectable via MyLink and it doesn’t sound like it’d have been difficult for GM/H to do. This is especially so if some 3rd party guy can sell a $15 dongle to do such...

Just out of curiosity, how do these dongles impact the vehicle being that they are permanently plugged into the OBD port?
Skylarking, the device that 426Cuda recommended works very well. The standby current draw is 10mA but otherwise there does not seem to be any other impact on the vehicle.
In (my) theory, to have the feature natively, it should only take some coding of the BCM . Other GM vehicles on the same electrical platform have the ability to operate the windows with the remote control. The only issue is the rear windows do not have anti-pinch sensors. Presumably Holden saved money by using cheaper rear electric window motors.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@AAAC that is thanks for the heads up. The reason I asked about issues with the dongle was that I’ve read on these forums that some (one?) had problems if their OBD diagnostic dongle was left plugged in for long periods. But good to hear these devices have no such problems ;)

(edited to fix auto correct o_O)

Last edited:

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
For those interested , i finally received my window thingy , the first one i ordered is still sitting in a Chinese dock some where since 12 of April due to Covid so the seller resent it , its from the seller @426Cuda got his from , it doesn't do the indicator flashes that the first one i got but it does have the window pause function , very happy with it . I now have one of these for sale but with the indicator flashes and if the one in China finally starts moving i'll have 2 for sale ?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111129173467

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
For those interested , i finally received my window thingy , the first one i ordered is still sitting in a Chinese dock some where since 12 of April due to Covid so the seller resent it , its from the seller @426Cuda got his from , it doesn't do the indicator flashes that the first one i got but it does have the window pause function , very happy with it . I now have one of these for sale but with the indicator flashes and if the one in China finally starts moving i'll have 2 for sale ?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111129173467
Don't the indicators just flash when the car locks itself? I.e not due to the window module?