Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE alloytec evap purge valve solenoid

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You can sort it in minutes.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sportwagon 3.0 International SIDI – and old Chevs.
Ja, that's what I am coming to realise. Ordered the part just before. I was mostly only hesitating in case there were other tuning/running issues at the same time. But doesn't hurt changing the part – I know it has been ticking (more than it should) for a few months now.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Members Ride
You can sort it in minutes.

And I did. :)

Helps to know about the tabs on the plugs that need releasing. But even knowing that I ended up removing the whole unit first – easy to get at that way.

Now ... this has taken away about 80% of the rumble. Still it has a slight feeling of being under revs when at idle, not by much. As Mark said, maybe I need to disconnect the battery for an hour and then give it a good run?

Thanks for all the tips – way better than waiting for weeks before any decent mechanic could look at this – as well as the money saved, and pride restored!

Reaction score
Members Ride
Back to this. :p

Turns out the rumble only disappeared for times when the engine was cold – as soon as it warmed up it was back to same. But the rumble felt different, so that part definitely had something to do with it.

So ... I took it to a local mechanic and he said engine mounts. And the trans mount. The car is there now being sorted.

The guys are using OEM oil-filled front mounts (from Holden) and a third party mount for the trans ... because OEM trans mount was stupid expensive.

From here, what do people reckon the repair bill would/should be ... and an estimate of the total hours needed?

Cheers

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
There’s an after market mount tht is not solid mount but way better than factory. Said to be in breakable. Cost is comparative to factory

Engine mounts don’t take long to do.

Trans mounts maybe 30mins
Engine maybe most 1-2hrs labour @$120-$150hr

Reaction score
Members Ride
They just called back and said it had [actually only] taken 5 hours: 2 hours per front mount and another for the trans mount. At least their hourly rate is not too bad – $95 p/h plus GST. Still reckon I am getting stiffed on the time.

Anyway, thanks for the tips – better to be in the know!

Last edited:

Johnf0274

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Back to the purge valve. I posted recently my ve was running rough, has ticking noise but also really poor acceleration. One fella said change purge valve which i plan to. Took it off for a look and could blow through both ways . No code’s coming up but there just a good loss of power

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
That shouldn’t be able to be blown through easily.