Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE alloytec evap purge valve solenoid

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Check my Blog out. FYI the Purge valve makes noise due to the solenoide acuating on & off. The higher the duty cycle the quicker the noise will sound the lower the Duty cycle the slower the nosie. The newer Purge valves from Holden dont make a ticking noise but a more attunated noise.

Auto Electrics/Electronics: Ve Commodore Evap Purge Solenoid

Ive read mixed answers on this forum, that you may be able to answer.
Is the EVAP suppose to be ticking on idle? Reading around some say it does, some say it dont?

Also can this cause more petrol? I can smell a bit of petrol during start ups and idle? im Running 95, so would think its not the petrol quality

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Ive read mixed answers on this forum, that you may be able to answer.
Is the EVAP suppose to be ticking on idle? Reading around some say it does, some say it dont?

Also can this cause more petrol? I can smell a bit of petrol during start ups and idle? im Running 95, so would think its not the petrol quality

The ticking of the Evap is the Ecm turning the solenoid on and off
Pwm Duty Cycle
In my previous post i have linked info to my blog and how to check the evap valve/symptoms. Have a read of it.

The petrol usage

If there is a vaccum leak in the evap system then yes this is unmetered air going into the engine causing the fuel trims to read higher.

mark 7888

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 30l sidi
purge valve eng light ,i got a 3l sidi 6 months ago the purge valve causes lots of issues ,the engine light ruff idle at start not changing gears properly , running like a pig ,the sidi engine is a finely tuned motor so for$57 change it, the erro p codes appear on the scan tool get them on ebay $54 WORTH IT after changing the valve a p0443 generic permanent codes show up and goes away after a long drive note the valve does not open until the engine drops in revs after starting then the ecu does the work , disconnect the neg side of the battery after changing for 1 hour ,kill all the bugs in computer , then take it out the road and flog it [no speeding] this gets all the senors reading correctly , after that you will wonder why you didn't do it before the trans and motor perform like they should and they are a nice motor ,
the other thing you should do is the catch tank from the pvc valve after reading a few things on this yep do it build up on carbon on the inlet valves cause bad airflow $30 ebay , both things are easy to do ,
change your oil every 10,000 oil is cheap timming chains are not [2k to 3k ], saw a interesting youtube about this and it get back to oil changes ,oil build up blocking the oil galleries on the drivers side pvc valve to the chains ? and use a good oil
good luck

located drivers side under the engine cover in the black intake manifold 10mm bolt
s-l500.jpg
PART NUMBER: 12610560
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fast-Sh...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Univers...oir-Hose-AU-/172851180880?hash=item283ebbb550

mark 7888, 1 minute ago Edit Report

Commydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 vz Commodore
Does replacing a evap purge solenoid
Fix a clicking sound,slightly rough idle and slight lack of power?
Vz v6 commadore

Commydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 vz Commodore
I'm getting that clicking sound on evap purge solenoid,
Clicking sound/feeling at hose from solenoid to tb,
I've just taken the solenoid out now,
When I blow into it it's not blowing out air,
Should I still replace it?
Engine has started clicking and not a great idle,even though the revs normall sit at 600rpm when warm,

goldvn05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Calais V V6 LY7
Hi all,
newbie question, how do you disconnect (remove) the Evap purge valve solenoid ?
i have removed the hose that goes to Plenum, disconnected the Elect connector, but cant see how to disconnect the hose on same side as Elect connector.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210818_215209_resized.jpg
    20210818_215209_resized.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 273

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There should be two grips on the sides. Squeeze in hard. Push in hard toward the solenoid, twist and pull.

goldvn05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Calais V V6 LY7
Thanks, managed to get it free(next day)

the unit i have has part number Bosch 12611802

I have seen sellers on ebay selling genuine unit with part number 12611801. (claims xx801 has superseded the xx802)

Anyone have experience or know if these are interchangeable ?

Have tried Repco they dont have anything to offer

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There’s two sorts. VZ is different to VE. That’s all I know. As long as the pin outs are the same and it mounts the same, should all be good.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sportwagon 3.0 International SIDI – and old Chevs.
purge valve eng light ,i got a 3l sidi 6 months ago the purge valve causes lots of issues ,the engine light ruff idle at start not changing gears properly , running like a pig ,the sidi engine is a finely tuned motor so for$57 change it, the erro p codes appear on the scan tool get them on ebay $54 WORTH IT after changing the valve a p0443 generic permanent codes show up and goes away after a long drive note the valve does not open until the engine drops in revs after starting then the ecu does the work , disconnect the neg side of the battery after changing for 1 hour ,kill all the bugs in computer , then take it out the road and flog it [no speeding] this gets all the senors reading correctly , after that you will wonder why you didn't do it before the trans and motor perform like they should and they are a nice motor ,
the other thing you should do is the catch tank from the pvc valve after reading a few things on this yep do it build up on carbon on the inlet valves cause bad airflow $30 ebay , both things are easy to do ,
change your oil every 10,000 oil is cheap timming chains are not [2k to 3k ], saw a interesting youtube about this and it get back to oil changes ,oil build up blocking the oil galleries on the drivers side pvc valve to the chains ? and use a good oil
good luck

located drivers side under the engine cover in the black intake manifold 10mm bolt

mark 7888, 1 minute ago Edit Report

THIS ˆˆˆ is exactly what I am experiencing with my VE Commodore.

Anyone know of a mechanic in Brunswick that can sort it?