Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE (hopeful) mod list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Don't know all the mods but he's an old mate that's come up from brissy for a while, CPR 6 manifold, full exhaust cats, cai, ported heads, apperantly cams but i didnt know anyone other than mace did em ,blueprinted, and diff gears aren't stock he reckons there's more but I cannot remember, pretty sure it was a BA, and yeah it cost him well over 5g so he says. I said the same thing you all did, twin turbo ls3 and good luck finding anything that can keep up. I'm in the wait for an 8 camp too, but I got called out so I explained.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
What's his car run on the strip, that's all that's matters.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
You'll probably find that it was an N/A version.

Annnnd the BA's are the **** ones. So yea, stop doing the P Plater Testosterone Dance.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
the problem with this these kinds of threads is people see it far too much as an attack on a V6, when in reality, all we are saying initially (based on ALL our expierence) is:

spending money on your V6 while on p-plates is a waste of money, you are far better off saving that cash, investing in a high return fixed investment while youre on your p's, then the day youre able to drive a faster/nicer car, you will ben able to step straight into it. and yes you may love your current car, its tough to not get attached to the vehicle you already own, and you may want a better note or a bit more throttle response, but the benefits of saving that money to purchase a BETTER car later on are far greater.

take HAMATIME for example, he is the perfect example. drove around while on his p's in a nice clean VS (think it was vs, dunno) and saved his money wisely. soon as he was off his p's he stepped into a mint, red manual G8 and he is LOVES it. ask him if he is sorry he didnt spend all his cash on making his V6 into a redlight racer. he would laugh in your face and say it was totally worth it.

but kids are kids. i have wasted easily into the 100's of thousands on **** cars, just becuase i have the bug. if anyway is asking me for my opinion i would always say "dont do it, this hobby is stupid"

and then, after sharing that opinion it always becomes this big dick-swinging afair of "you V8 fanbois hate V6's but V6's are super awesome and make a billion times more mang" which is not the point. if OP prefers his SV6 over say a VF GTS, which he could probably afford given depreciation of the car and wisely investing his spare cash (from fuel savings, service interval savings, tyre and consumable savings etc not to mention speeding ticket and fine savings and modification costs savings) over the next 3 years , then let him drive his modified 6. no problem.

thats my opinion.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Omfg hahaha testostorene dance? I got called out? If I hasn't replied that would have been your own little confirmation that I was bullshiting. I merely stated what why who and when if everyone kept their goddamn emotions out and facts in it would be more beneficial to people asking the questions looking for insight.

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
Omfg hahaha testostorene dance? I got called out? If I hasn't replied that would have been your own little confirmation that I was bullshiting. I merely stated what why who and when if everyone kept their goddamn emotions out and facts in it would be more beneficial to people asking the questions looking for insight.

yeah bro my mate of a mate of a mate dragged this turbo at da lightz, and m8 i swear he span the wheels so he was def racing and we won and we dont even have a turbz lawll.

shh no tears, only dreams now.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Don't know all the mods but he's an old mate that's come up from brissy for a while, CPR 6 manifold, full exhaust cats, cai, ported heads, apperantly cams but i didnt know anyone other than mace did em ,blueprinted, and diff gears aren't stock he reckons there's more but I cannot remember, pretty sure it was a BA, and yeah it cost him well over 5g so he says. I said the same thing you all did, twin turbo ls3 and good luck finding anything that can keep up. I'm in the wait for an 8 camp too, but I got called out so I explained.

Those mods would've cost him well over 10g's mate.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem

The reason people don't believe you is because xr6 turbo's are fast and alloytec's are slow. Even with a cam it's hard to believe it can beat an xr6. A stock xr6t fg does 13.5 down the 1/4. A guy called Richard had a supercharged vz which did 13.6 down the 1/4. You're saying you mates minus the supercharger is faster. Even if it was a ba xr6t still hard to believe. Have you got any stats on your mates car?

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I don't know why every thread like this has to turn into a V6 vs V8 bash. I drive a VXV6, have done for nearly 5 years, And I still love tinkering with it and spending money on it. Sure one day I might convert it to an L67, And I might buy a V8, but I'll certainly keep my VX, and the TC might keep his car. At the end of the day, if you enjoy it, and it's done tastefully, nobody can tell you that you have wasted your money. No you aren't going to outpower an 8, but who cares!

And yes I have driven V8's, including my Uncles 69 charger, which last run on the dyno was putting out 729RWHP. Still happy working on my 6.

On the other hand, what you are doing is illegal. ALL Engine mods are for a P Plater. Change the diff and work on appearances, save up and splurge when you get your opens.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
The reason people don't believe you is because xr6 turbo's are fast and alloytec's are slow. Even with a cam it's hard to believe it can beat an xr6. A stock xr6t fg does 13.5 down the 1/4. A guy called Richard had a supercharged vz which did 13.6 down the 1/4. You're saying you mates minus the supercharger is faster. Even if it was a ba xr6t still hard to believe. Have you got any stats on your mates car?
Just so you know I can think of at least 10 stock FG's in the 12's, just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.