Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve series 2 iq problems (aftermarket sub installed)

Jake ts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve omega series 2
looking at the last photo does it look like the brown wire is a bit burnt? could this be the problem maybe?

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
It does look a bit burnt but those wires are just the back speaker wires so I don't think that alone would be causing all your problem, what other wires did he hack into? Try get some picks cheers

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Depends, its too hard to tell if the wire was burnt from an iron or from the inside due to power being supplied down it somehow.

James, I'm in your area. PM me your number and I may get time for you to bring it around this afternoon (I'm having a lazy day today) and we can see what we can do.

I have a strong suspicion that the IQ unit is toast but let me take a look and we can see what's really going on.

Jake ts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve omega series 2
Hi slepar i believe it was just the 4 wires under the dashboard and this wire on the side of the console leading to the cigarette lighter?

Jake ts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve omega series 2
Tasmania i sent you a message with my number if you have some time maybe chuck us a ring or a text, hopefully the IQ doesn't have to be replaced. Slepar said the 4 wires alone couldn't be the reason for the problems, could it be a huuuge coincidence that it's blown the iq then it might be under warranty?

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Probably an obvious thing, but just check to make sure that the quadlock connetor is sitting in the IQ unit 100%.
(From those pictures, it looks like the quadlock connector is not sitting fully inside the IQ unit).

This might explain why you got the screen to flash very briefly once, and the thing no longer works since.
(The caps would have discharged to flash the screen up very briefly, but without power going to the IQ unit, it would stop doing anything else pretty quickly).

From the looks of the wires you have used, it looks like only Rear speaker wires have been tapped in to.
(Though if any of those wires are shorted to ground anywhere, you may have problems)

Here is the correct wiring information for the IQ unit.
http://www.carmodder.com/view_doc.php?doc_id=72&model_id=90

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Good spotting Zerone, lets see what Jake says. Could be pretty simple lol

Jake ts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve omega series 2
Zerone I went outside to have a look, the connector doesn't come out but it does feel a little loose I'm not sure if it's from all the fiddling around with it lately. I held it in with some pressure and started the ignition but the center IQ still didn't turn on unfortunately. I signed up to the carmodder site to have a look at that wiring, you mentioned a SW CAN wire and a CAN BUS, does this rule out that idea of the wrong wires? Also you said somethign about the wires if they were grounded could this have blown the iq unit? or perhaps there's an internal fuse or something?

warhunter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega VE2
Sorry this is a little late. Can anyone let me know the colour of the accessory 12 V power for the head unit loom? Having issues with my active sub. Not sure which cable to splice the remote ON cable to.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Gee, the joins and blue tape coverage are rough. Imagine that after a few hot days the tape will soften and fall off. Seems like you have a few problems. Good luck.