Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss diff & manual gearbox oil ?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Full syn with additive, or 140 mineral? What diff you running in that Harrop or standard?
mine is still standard diff hsv 3.7 ratio, full synthetic with additive just encase

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just get Progear 70/75 GL4 for your trans. Your diff might be better with GL5 mineral. I'd check with your diff builder because Progear is not always the best choice for diffs.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I thought the 80-140 already comes with additives already
yea if ur not factory diff then may need another type fluid, it may already have the additive but i didnt want to test it without it in there as have to remove exhaust to change/add fluid so dosnt harm it to be in there with factory style diff

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
mine is still standard diff hsv 3.7 ratio, full synthetic with additive just encase
I only used straight Progear in my old diff and it was fine. Penrite don't say to use an additive if using Progear in the standard diff. I now run Penrite 140 mineral with Penrite additive, as Progear is not good in my diff.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i got one of those big 1 litre syringes to fill it too makes it real easy

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sitting the oil bottle in hot water for five minutes also helps it pump easier.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
yea if ur not factory diff then may need another type fluid, it may already have the additive but i didnt want to test it without it in there as have to remove exhaust to change/add fluid so dosnt harm it to be in there with factory style diff
How come you need to remove exhaust? I used to have to drop my rear tailpipe to access the drain plug. I've since bought long inhex socket set and with my 3/8 ratchet it no longer fouls.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Also surprised you're still running stock diff with the torque your bus is putting out.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
How come you need to remove exhaust? I used to have to drop my rear tailpipe to access the drain plug. I've since bought long inhex socket set and with my 3/8 ratchet it no longer fouls.
Also surprised you're still running stock diff with the torque your bus is putting out.
yea with the DPE 3'' it sits right up at the fill hole bout a finger width gap to play with, and that whole middle piece is one so have to undo it from the headers and rear mufflers to get to it properly, yea stock diff is still hanging in there but i dont do any big clutch dumps just when its loaded ill use the throttle unless it arcs up with a spirited gear change, i have some stronger axles to go in and ill look at diff when i can, ill prob go with the kaas as it seems better for what i want as it dosnt torque vector like the harrop i dont want it changing sides just want both to lock under power