Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Ute LSX 454

ssv183

BAZINGA
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV CBR1000rr
Awsome..............

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
Omg! Body kit looks great but would have been an awesome sleeper though

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
This beast sounds awsome! when u up here again man? will have to catch up man

Getting my cam fitted 2mro too dude , keen as!

I Heard your ute was going in to get the cam and clutch done, have you sorted the starting issue? I heard it is an intermitent problem, chech the cluch pedal sensor, that may be the issue, I have read of it happening on another VE. I am back in town on the 22/8, so will try and catch up with everyone during my break. Looking forward to hearing it once the cam is in.

Omg! Body kit looks great but would have been an awesome sleeper though

With the noise this makes on idle and driving, there was no way it was going to be a sleeper, I can't hide it, or the fact that it is something different, has a nice old school sound, nice and deep note. I will get some more vids when I am hime, some drive by's and idle shots.

Not so keen on the new rims, needs more dish

How much power is she making now?

They done't look too bad, what is the name and manufacturer of the them, the issue being, that I need plenty of offset for the brakes, they need the same as a GTS offset, which is +45 - +51, so don't get much of a dish with that offset.

Not long and it will be going back in for additional work, bigger cam, roller rockers, bigger headers. Then off to the Bears Body works for the interior, second harness, custom stereo, which I haven't decided what to go yet, but will look into probably a touch screen system.

It is making anywhere from 530-550rwhp, that is on the dyno, the 1/4 mile was a 12.6@120mph, as they recorded me at that, when I looked through my data from the V2, it said I was doing 127mph, so I don't know whether their system was wrong, or what, but my speedo has been checked against a brand new maloo, and the 2 are identical, so maybe the TSV dragway radar was wrong with speed. But the new cam should bring everything up a bit more, and hopefully make it better throughout the rev range.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
I Heard your ute was going in to get the cam and clutch done, have you sorted the starting issue? I heard it is an intermitent problem, chech the cluch pedal sensor, that may be the issue, I have read of it happening on another VE. I am back in town on the 22/8, so will try and catch up with everyone during my break. Looking forward to hearing it once the cam is in.

With the noise this makes on idle and driving, there was no way it was going to be a sleeper, I can't hide it, or the fact that it is something different, has a nice old school sound, nice and deep note. I will get some more vids when I am hime, some drive by's and idle shots.

They done't look too bad, what is the name and manufacturer of the them, the issue being, that I need plenty of offset for the brakes, they need the same as a GTS offset, which is +45 - +51, so don't get much of a dish with that offset.

Not long and it will be going back in for additional work, bigger cam, roller rockers, bigger headers. Then off to the Bears Body works for the interior, second harness, custom stereo, which I haven't decided what to go yet, but will look into probably a touch screen system.

It is making anywhere from 530-550rwhp, that is on the dyno, the 1/4 mile was a 12.6@120mph, as they recorded me at that, when I looked through my data from the V2, it said I was doing 127mph, so I don't know whether their system was wrong, or what, but my speedo has been checked against a brand new maloo, and the 2 are identical, so maybe the TSV dragway radar was wrong with speed. But the new cam should bring everything up a bit more, and hopefully make it better throughout the rev range.

Funny u mention the starting problem Steve disabled the clutch start and ive started it 3 - 4 times each time perfectly so i think the clutch sensor was my problem, yeah droping it to them disarvo cant wait to get it back friday lol btw when ur back here im still on holidays so will deff have to catch up!

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A

They are made by ADV, could be costly rims though. Not sure on the name of that particular style though sorry.
Check out their website http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels/home.php

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
Any more updates on this beast

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Sorry Guys, been a bit slack updating the information on it,

Well the first cam wasn't doing what we thought it would, plus the headers were getting way too hot, the oil temps were getting up there too, and it just didn't seem to run right.

So out came the engine again, off came the heads, intake, headers and sump. Checked everything out, a couple of little tweaks here and there for the intake, measured the compression ratio, came out to be 11.5:1, a little off our guess of 11.8, but still good.

Out came the cam and thrown to the side, in went a new cam, bigger duration than the old one, the old cam was 247/254 @ .050 110LSA, this is a fair bit bigger, and a 112LSA, but a different type of lobe, was designed in the states by Patrick Guerra and ground by EPS. it is 25*/26* @ .050 112LSA.

On went the 2" headers, ceramic coated this time, they were built by APC in perth, a very nice job, I will post some pics when I get back home.

Oil cooler has gone on, seats are in, going to get engineered this week, then onto the dyno for the final tuning with Oztrack and LK motors in Cairns, we are hoping to see some great returns for the mods that have been done this time.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Sorry Guys, been a bit slack updating the information on it,

Well the first cam wasn't doing what we thought it would, plus the headers were getting way too hot, the oil temps were getting up there too, and it just didn't seem to run right.

So out came the engine again, off came the heads, intake, headers and sump. Checked everything out, a couple of little tweaks here and there for the intake, measured the compression ratio, came out to be 11.5:1, a little off our guess of 11.8, but still good.

Out came the cam and thrown to the side, in went a new cam, bigger duration than the old one, the old cam was 247/254 @ .050 110LSA, this is a fair bit bigger, and a 112LSA, but a different type of lobe, was designed in the states by Patrick Guerra and ground by EPS. it is 25*/26* @ .050 112LSA.

On went the 2" headers, ceramic coated this time, they were built by APC in perth, a very nice job, I will post some pics when I get back home.

Oil cooler has gone on, seats are in, going to get engineered this week, then onto the dyno for the final tuning with Oztrack and LK motors in Cairns, we are hoping to see some great returns for the mods that have been done this time.

Wow nice man, how come oztrack and LK are tuning it? i thought you could one use one or the other

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
With Dan at LK, he is easy going and understanding that mine is being tuned by Oztrack, and is willing to work with steve to tune it, it will be on LK's dyno with steve logged in live to the car so he can see what is happening, and Dan will be using other devices to make sure that all is going well.