Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV - looks gr8...but

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by mossiek, Nov 6, 2007.

1. vztrt

vztrt New Member

Members Ride:
    VXII Exec
    Most likely the bumpers will made and painted before it's put on the car.

2. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    Both. When I arrived home from work Friday nite, there were messages from both asking me to call back. Unfortuantly it was to late so I'll call them first thing Monday. Only took them both over 3 weeks to get back to me! Hopefully Monday everything will be sorted!

3. immortality

immortality Home of the smoky breakfast Bacon! Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
    any updates?

4. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    Shes gone to Holden this morning, to resolve all these seat issues and repair the console. When I pick it up tonight I'm sure I'll be able to tell you how good everything is now! ;)

5. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    picked her up tonight. They replaced the back seat and tried to put the other part on the console, but it wont fit properly so they are replacing the console as they reckon mine must somehow be out of shape? They dont think the front seats need replacing! Gotta go back when they get the console - far out what next?? Really, they should of replaced the car 12 months ago, they've repaired or replaced so much of it! :bang:

6. Steery

Steery AA 554 G

Members Ride:
    94 VR SS M5
    this thread reminds me why im never going to buy another holden.

7. monaro66

monaro66 New Member

Members Ride:
    2007 VE SV6 Manual - Morpheous
    I agree. I've had my SV6 only four weeks now and after stepping out of a VS I do notice the blind spot with things coming from your right hand side. I don't know if it is something you would eventually get used to or not, time will tell. But hey, I'd rather be driving a VE with a blind spot than a Falcon!:yeah:

8. CSP

CSP Banned

Members Ride:
    my car
    *sigh*

move you head?

9. andyman

andyman The Only 6sp VZ Wagon

Members Ride:
    2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
    ive driven many ve's and they have never bothered me, didnt even think of it either, to busy enjoying the drive!

10. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    Still waiting. Spoke with customer service last week and they reckon they are still waiting on the parts for the console, may take another four weeks. I really give up. It really ****es me of when i see the advertisments on tv stating their good customer service - haven't noticed it in fifteen months!
    So I'll keep waiting for them to get their act together yet again :whistling :bang:

11. ve ss man

ve ss man New Member

Members Ride:
    ve ss
    mate i bought a new ve ss in january and my dad just bought one last week and both of us have had a good run out of it so far. I can only imagine how frustrating that would be for u.
    You expect a good deal for ur money, because they are not cheap cars. i hope after all these things the car is what it should be. everything should under warranty so they can fix it.

12. CSP

CSP Banned

Members Ride:
    my car
    They may not be cheap cars, but they are bloody good value for money. And as has been said, as with any manufacturer, there are going to be a few with problems.

13. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    Its gr8 that everythings been good for you with the cars. They are beautiful cars and I hope you dont have any issues. It is very frustrating for me all the bull****. At present I am waiting on a new console as they broke mine when repairing my seats. Thats even more frustrating when they're doing the damage. Yeah don't know, must be niave - thought if I bought a new car there would be no problems! :whistling

14. ed_wilson

ed_wilson New Member

Members Ride:
    VE "V"
    Yup, Im on here because my VE V6 is causing me continual grief. Now its interrmittant stalling on 'no throttle or braking'. That may or may not be the aftermarket LPG system. Going through the receipts today I realised just how many visits i have had to Holden dealer. My 3 yr warranty runs out in a couple weeks - worried!

Ive had - no deflectors in the air ducts near drivers door, reverse park sensors installed upside down thus didnt work, rattles in the dash (like a 10 yo car) batteries that run flat - even after the ecu fix, "stability off" warning issues (now fixed - ecu again) rear left tyrs choped out in no time (Same as all VEs)..................................... sick of typing now.

15. RayLamp

RayLamp Gone Fishin'...

Members Ride:
    VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
    I've had grief with mine, and I am also conscious about the warranty expriring. Just wanted to ease your mind a little bit, in that the VE came out in August 2006 (I bought mine within the first week of release). So you've got the best part of a year minimum left on your warranty!

I am most likely going to extend the warranty when the letter from Holden comes in the mail...

16. Slick6

Slick6 New Member

Members Ride:
    Phantom SSV
    Sorry to hear that this has gone on as long as it has... My patience would not have lasted this long.

Your problems seem to be very random, but for some of the other guys complaining, as said by CSP there are known fixes for half of your problems. Just push the service advisors until its repaired.

17. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    My baby goes back to Holden on Tuesday for a new console. They are also going to check out my front seats, the leather is really hard and uncomfortable, dont know what they really did when they repaired them but the leather looks stretched and pitted. (tried to tell me whatever I clean them with has damaged the leather - lost for words when I said I use Meguires. They talk alot of ****) I would like them replaced. Occasionally the ABS fail and brakes! come up on the dash, so they are going to investigate that as well. Only took them 2.5 months to get the console parts! :whistling
    I'm hoping this will be it!! ;)

18. mossiek

mossiek Member

Members Ride:
    VESSV VTSS
    Received a Holden customer service survey in the mail today :rofl:

19. andyman

andyman The Only 6sp VZ Wagon

Members Ride:
    2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
    i bet it aint going to be a positive responce sent back:whistling

20. CroXtreme

CroXtreme Cro18

Members Ride:
    black commodore SV6 VE
    Mate they dont know **** about this sort of stuff, U are the only one that knows your car the best, if u think something is wrong then u are right.
    Same with me, i kept telling a mechanic that something is wrong with my engine and he said it is normal :/, kept saying keep driving it, ye right, i drove it and it got worse and worse, lost half power and it just died. all the seals were broken. Mechanic did a timing belt service (replaced it). (Old Car).

So if u think something is wrong with the engline then go check it out. This time make them look inside the engine and make them test drive the car.