Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve sv6 automatic gear stick base

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Sorry man I meant like replace the console fascia part aswell as the frame it connects too. I presume they wud be the same size and swap over easily.

Well the facia should swap over fine - just not sure that the manual cutout would give the auto shifter enough room if that makes sense. The manual shifter doesn't really have to move very far. The switch location is the same though.

Won't even be close to legal - but I'm not about to preach! lol

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Yea you would have to make sure that the manual's boot would have enough travel for the automatic shifter.
I really don't see how this is illegal really because your could just find a guy who prints vinyl and make labels similar to those that were on the automatic facia and put them down the side

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Yea there is still a release button they keep doing it now so you don't smack it out of driving with gunning it and destroy you gearbox.
What would the problem be?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
the problem would be that the manual gear knob is attached to the boot - can't remember how well fastened it is though - so may not be much of an issue - but it's a one-piece thing.

the frame is 115mm wide by 140mm deep - the rear section tapers in a little on each side.

SV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VN Clubsport
the manuals dont have the selector button so you wouldnt be able the change the gears

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
exactly - but it may be an easy-enough operation to substitute the manual knob for the auto shifter on the boot - I can't remember how well attached they are - didn't test that when I had the boot off a few weeks back - I had an issue with the way the frame was fitting into the facia - so I left the knob attached to the shifter.

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Yea There must be some way to take the maual shifter off otherwise how'd they get it on? where theres a will theres a way or you could just chop it off :)
I would really like the manual boot but it seems like alot of difficulty and money for not a lot, money could be better spent on a tune

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
oh the knob comes off the shifter - what I meant was that it's actually fastened to the boot itself. There's no dramas removing the whole thing - had mine replaced - just not sure how to separate the pieces if you know what I mean - I didn't look while it was off

I think if you have enough clearance and shift-room with the manual facia, then it would be a pretty easy change-over. When you buy a replacement, you get the knob - attached to the boot - attached to the frame - in one piece.