Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF commodore SV6 17,000 kms sluggish.

Cal_Rog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi guys.

I'm a new member i have a VF commodore SV6 and its at 17,000kms i had a service done for 15k service around the 16th december, everything with my car has been fine until i went to the gym and noticed that the pick up on my VF was a bit sluggish and took about 2 seconds to get into GEAR, every time i stop and go to take off its sluggish and takes a few seconds to go.

Bit of a delay and it sort of kicks back too.

Anyone know what might be up?? i'm gonna take it to my holden dealer tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Kizza121

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 MY15 VF UTE
Hi guys.

I'm a new member i have a VF commodore SV6 and its at 17,000kms i had a service done for 15k service around the 16th december, everything with my car has been fine until i went to the gym and noticed that the pick up on my VF was a bit sluggish and took about 2 seconds to get into GEAR, every time i stop and go to take off its sluggish and takes a few seconds to go.

Bit of a delay and it sort of kicks back too.

Anyone know what might be up?? i'm gonna take it to my holden dealer tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.

Definitely take it back to the dealer and get them to look into it. It wouldn't be worth you fiddling around with things...at least when you take it back to the dealer you can let them know you haven't touched anything since they serviced it.
Goodluck!

Cal_Rog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Definitely take it back to the dealer and get them to look into it. It wouldn't be worth you fiddling around with things...at least when you take it back to the dealer you can let them know you haven't touched anything since they serviced it.
Goodluck!

Thanks i'll let you know how i go.

sloys75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 SPORTSWAGON
Yep I have notice that from the first month I had my VF, and it's only done 10,000km I think there a shitbox

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I don't think i'd call the VF SV6 "a **** box" for what they are they are great, mines got 18500ks on the clock and its still responsive and shifts smoothly.
Sure they aren't no power house but for a middle aged bloke with a wife and kids they do everything i need, i love my SV6.

Last edited:

Cozz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6
I have company car but the 3L, i find that to be sluggish and the delay when shifting into drive, There is something wrong 100% so i would be taking the car back and leaving it there till its fixed.

jackieboy76

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6
I have an SV6 manual, I've had no trouble with it
It has now done 21k it gets driven on the freeway everyday. very responsive and it sounds pretty good for a V6 too. Ive had automatic version as loan cars and I must say they aren't as much fun

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Cal_Rog, did you end up going back to the dealer with this?
My V6 Calais seems to be sluggish after stopping then taking off at a stop sign etc since the last service.