Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Exhaust Sound

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
VinnieLS3- yes amazing how much they 'come alive' with a few bolt ons. I had only a tune / gts mid section done before headers / cats / mafless and there was a much more noticeable difference with the latter. Also have a nice burble but a slight drone / humm ~1100rpm under load. Less overall than with the prior setup.

For anyone looking to purchase an airbox infill panel I purchased the harrop item. The plastic is a lot different to that used on the otr - cheap / shiny / rigid / looks like it was cut out with a hacksaw and not moulded. The fitting on my infill was that bad harrop have posted out a replacement. Also i prefer the way the vcm bolts on. Not sure on the plastic used as I've only seen photos but also Consider the vcm.

Steve/cuda - I have 2 clips on my iPhone if you have an email that accepts ~30mb. Still haven't got around to downloading to the laptop.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I'll PM you.

TheHulkcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline Spitfire Green
Had my exhaust fitted with OTR and tune Monday.

Absolutely in love with it.

Headers: Di Filippo 1 3/4" to 3" collector
Cats: Sureflo 4" body 3" hi-flo 100cpsi
Cat back: Manta 3" SS Medium Version
OTR: Harrop

Car pulls very very nicely now and is a lot smoother to drive too.

Exhaust is fantastic. Has a great burble at idle and cruising. No drone what so ever. Puttin the foot down is when it gets loud but it' not stupid loud and sounds unreal. So glad I got the medium version over the quiet.

A big thank you to @Not_An_Abba_Fan from Joondalup Exhaust for looking after me with the Manta cat back. Much appreciated and can't recommend him enough.

Made 300KW at the rears
Hi Vinnie,

Awesome that it now sounds so good and has the extra power and better driving experience, thats what Im looking forward to as well. Can I ask is there any reason why you went with the Di Filippo headers but not their cats and cat back system all together? Just wondering why not get the full exhaust instead of having the different components from different makers/companies?

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
That sounds like great results all round. More than 40rwkw more than my VF1 Redline with similar mods. Any chance of a vid or sound clip?
Looking forward to doing similar mods on my VF2.

Hey mate, yes will try get a video up shortly. Anyone know the best way to do this? I' Assuming youtube it and post the link?

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
Hi Vinnie,

Awesome that it now sounds so good and has the extra power and better driving experience, thats what Im looking forward to as well. Can I ask is there any reason why you went with the Di Filippo headers but not their cats and cat back system all together? Just wondering why not get the full exhaust instead of having the different components from different makers/companies?

Reason I went for Di Filippo Headers was due to a sale and got them for $800 delivered brand new. Cats I went different as Di Filippos are only 200 cpsi. For the cat back I went Manta because I've always liked their sound as they have a H pipe instead of the X pipe and also NAAF looked after me to.

It all bolted up well just needed a pipe made up from the headers to front of cat due to me mis-matching brands... but is easy enough to do for any competent workshop. I guess i also wanted to be a little different and now I probably have a slightly unique sound

Tuner I used was Paul Pavlov Motors here in Adelaide. The guys there are fantastic!!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Assuming youtube it and post the link?

Yep...when you post a reply, you will see a series of icons at the top of the reply box.

Click on the film strip icon (two to the right of the smiley icon) and that way the video will be directly posted in the thread.

TheHulkcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline Spitfire Green
Reason I went for Di Filippo Headers was due to a sale and got them for $800 delivered brand new. Cats I went different as Di Filippos are only 200 cpsi. For the cat back I went Manta because I've always liked their sound as they have a H pipe instead of the X pipe and also NAAF looked after me to.

It all bolted up well just needed a pipe made up from the headers to front of cat due to me mis-matching brands... but is easy enough to do for any competent workshop. I guess i also wanted to be a little different and now I probably have a slightly unique sound

Tuner I used was Paul Pavlov Motors here in Adelaide. The guys there are fantastic!!
Ok cool, yeah Id say you'll have a unique sound which is good. The Di Filippo exhaust does have the H pipe too though, I will for sure be getting the H pipe too no matter what exhaust I choose! Looking forward to seeing your video and hearing the sound. ;)

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R

I saw it being fitted to your car when I was there early this week.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
I've read ead whole thread and talk about a bunch of confusing jargo.
Having had xforce system and a Difillipo big boy system on cammed VE SS , 232/234 cam only manual setup.
The xforce had more pull and low end over the Difillipo big boy. I actually found the Difillipo doughy as fuk down low. Now for headers size 1 3/4 is more than adequate for street only cam setup. As for 3" or 2.5" cat back that's debatable , a 2.5" will flow plenty enough. The good thing with retaining xforce is the cats sit in the same factory flange so that gives you the option of changing to another name cat back if you get tired of xforce whereas the Difillipo is a cock up setup.
Plenty exhaust shops I know off have pulled off the difillDif systems for
Doughy and sound dull.