Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf front parking sensors

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Thanks Forg. We find the sensors useful when manoeuvring in tight car parks but i would like the extra warning given by a camera for small children

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
On this subject but different vehicle. Our Captiva has front and rear sensors and the fronts sometimes fail to sound so i will test them as described. I'm thinking of installing a rear view camera as well. Does anyone here have both systems and if so, which do you find more useful when reversing?
Camera, hands down. I find the front sensors very useful. The image of the car with graduated lines, changng colour and audio is great. Not so much for the rear. I watch the camera and can get within a cm or so of the car behond me in tight as spots.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Thanks Forg. We find the sensors useful when manoeuvring in tight car parks but i would like the extra warning given by a camera for small children
I'm not sure about the legalities of installing cameras in small children; I guess give it a go, what're the chances of being pulled-up?
:D