Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSVR windscreen rattle/squeaks

vc213

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Mine was fixed by Robina Holden on the Gold Coast. I know they had a number of other vehicles they were looking at with the same issue when I took mine in. Not in VIC but at least they should be able to make contact with this dealer to confirm the fix.

Although with dealer service like that I would be taking my business elsewhere.
Thank you. I'll let them know about Robina.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Thank you. I'll let them know about Robina.
Hey VC213, mine was done at Geissler Motors in Goulburn, very easy to deal with, and they did all the communication with Holden Technicial. Zero problems since.

vc213

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey VC213, mine was done at Geissler Motors in Goulburn, very easy to deal with, and they did all the communication with Holden Technicial. Zero problems since.
Thanks for that. I should probably ask what they did to fix it. Silicone or something else? Cheers

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Thanks for that. I should probably ask what they did to fix it. Silicone or something else? Cheers
Silicone would not have helped me, the factory urethane seal was not thick enough, or conversely when the screen was fitted, it was not pressed home totally correctly on one side at the top and did not create a seal, generated noise when moving in the car, and one could move the screen by hand!!! So the screen was cut out, the bead replaced and hey presto, No movement, no noise and very happy. (I specified to the dealership that the car should not be driven for 4 hours to allow the screen to bond totally, 4 hours is the recommended wait time for a front windscreen to be driven in my trade as it let's the bond develop so it resists movement and also allows the air bags to function as designed in the case of an accident, otherwise the air bags deploying won't shape towards the occupants.) the windscreen is a very important component in the vehicle.

vc213

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Silicone would not have helped me, the factory urethane seal was not thick enough, or conversely when the screen was fitted, it was not pressed home totally correctly on one side at the top and did not create a seal, generated noise when moving in the car, and one could move the screen by hand!!! So the screen was cut out, the bead replaced and hey presto, No movement, no noise and very happy. (I specified to the dealership that the car should not be driven for 4 hours to allow the screen to bond totally, 4 hours is the recommended wait time for a front windscreen to be driven in my trade as it let's the bond develop so it resists movement and also allows the air bags to function as designed in the case of an accident, otherwise the air bags deploying won't shape towards the occupants.) the windscreen is a very important component in the vehicle.
Awesome, thank you

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Just an update on mine. Took it back to the dealer today after their first failed attempt. They admitted to me this time that they were not aware of a fix and only investigated the drivers side and front passenger doors, not the windscreen. Since then they found the documented silicone fix which requires regular silicone spray to be applied to the top seal and the two side seals which involved moving some plastic trim. The Holden mechanic could clearly hear the sound when I took it in this morning. He was satisfied it was fixed following the procedure. I could not hear it at all when driving the car home so for now it is fixed. So happy its not there as that noise made the car sound cheap. Definitely worth doing it if you have the same issue. The dealership told me the fix was not part of a tech bulletin which is why they struggled to find the fix. The Mechanic that took my case said that although he has heard of the issue, it was the first time he has to apply the fix to a VFII. FYI the sound appears to come from the dash area however due to the way the sound resinates its source is from the top seal. Fingers crossed the fix continues to work.

baldy-calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
Just an update on mine. Took it back to the dealer today after their first failed attempt. They admitted to me this time that they were not aware of a fix and only investigated the drivers side and front passenger doors, not the windscreen. Since then they found the documented silicone fix which requires regular silicone spray to be applied to the top seal and the two side seals which involved moving some plastic trim. The Holden mechanic could clearly hear the sound when I took it in this morning. He was satisfied it was fixed following the procedure. I could not hear it at all when driving the car home so for now it is fixed. So happy its not there as that noise made the car sound cheap. Definitely worth doing it if you have the same issue. The dealership told me the fix was not part of a tech bulletin which is why they struggled to find the fix. The Mechanic that took my case said that although he has heard of the issue, it was the first time he has to apply the fix to a VFII. FYI the sound appears to come from the dash area however due to the way the sound resinates its source is from the top seal. Fingers crossed the fix continues to work.
So next service your gonna change the oil & spray the windshield????

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
regular silicone spray?????

Yes regular spray. I dare say you could probably apply the fix yourself. You will just need to use a plastic tool to fold back the rubber seal whilst applying the silicone spray.