Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN/VP V8 distributor

badberlina5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina 5.0
the answer could be rather simple i have done a diagnostic on my ecu and came back with a code 41 no crank signal which comes down to be the ignition module could be worth looking at if you have not already.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
no crank signal would be the hall effect sensor inside the distributor not the DFI module...

badberlina5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina 5.0
i changed DFI problem solvered including the surging issue i had

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
what is the DFI?
i replaced most stuff and checked for codes used different ECU's got new ignition module n new COIL hmm what is the dfi
but i bet my problem is the immoblizer i pulled apart n no the security lock thing doesnt work its on switched off side

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
what is the DFI?
i replaced most stuff and checked for codes used different ECU's got new ignition module n new COIL hmm what is the dfi
but i bet my problem is the immoblizer i pulled apart n no the security lock thing doesnt work its on switched off side

DFI is ignition module. There are various troubleshooting methods you could apply if you really felt like it, but if you believe selling it is your best option then meh, your choice.

FuzzayD

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Executive 3.8i
What are the troubleshooting methods?

fatvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calias v8
just a thought it deosnt have an imobiliser thats locked on deos it. if youve disconnected battery it may have turned it on. also try the terminals on your starter motor had a vb years ago that wouldnt start but would turn over and turned out to be that i had the smaller wire that goes to the starter motor on the wrong terminal swapped it over and it started fine(not sure if yours will have 2 terminals or only one)dont know why it wouldnt start with them changed around but yeah it still turned over but wouldnt kick thought this might help cheers wayne

h0Ld3n`VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NO CAR ATM.. -.-
hrm i dont know could be that n i really wanted this v8 to work out but everything i tried didnt work, n fatvn the start motor has been changed but it could be that still? i will look into that

PREDATR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 355 Turbo, VN Calais 5L, VE SII SV6 Wag, Mirage
DFI module is in a V6 and they have a crank angle sensor behind the balancer. V8's Have A Hall Effect Or Crank Angle Sensor In The Dizzy