Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX calais spare tyre well filling up with water?!?! helppp

andrews0604

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 01" V6
hey guys, i have a vx calais and as we all no there known for leaking water. i understand they get water trapped in the garnish, but mine is a little more severe then that, my hole spare tyre will fill up with water literally the water can be as high as the tyre if not drained, which seals or waterer need to be replaced? the back window? boot seals? also theres water leaking inside just above the rear selt belt panels, and it looks like it could be dripping down the side of the parcel shelf,, its a nightmare., if anyone could help or has any info that would be awesome. cheers

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Get sum1 to help u. Have them hold a hose ova the boot whilst ur inside it with a torch and c whr it's cumin from. It's probably the boot rubber seal. Check to c if it's damaged and take it off to c if the boot channel is rusted. It could also b the taillight rubber seal is not fitted properly or damaged. For the parcelshelf issue, do the same , have sum1 with the hose to run it ova the back windscreen while ur inside to c whr it's cumin from. Take back seat out to get the parcel shelf out b4 u do this. U might not c it if the p-shelf is in. Hope this helps. Gud luck

snow69er

Reaction score
Members Ride
vts supercharged
mate dont know if this will help but years ago i brought a vn only a year old and had the same problem had more water in boot than was in my bloody pool anyway check the quarter panel on the outside of the body where it comes down from the roof there is a pillar band which is held on by two clips these are pushed into two plastic domes which some bright spark from holden has pushed in to far creating the the pins to go through the plastic dome this is where my water problem came from i brought two new domes filled them with silicone and pushed band back into place never to see water again.

andrews0604

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 01" V6
yeah cheers guys, il check that out.
anyone no were i can find the new replacement seals? the sun has hit a few of them and that could be a lot of the problem..

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
rofl im surprised you could read what they both wrote.

just go to your local holden they should be able to get everything for you, or try a wreckers.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Not sure if the vxs had them but pull the bungs in the bottom of the spare tyre well if you can so it doesn't pool

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I has a brand new VR years ago and it had water in the boot from new, it turned out to be a body seam under the rear guard and water from the road was finding its way into the boot. The dealer resealed the badly sealed seam and all was good. The picked it as an underbody seam leak as the boot water was a tad on the dirty side as against clean water from a leak from above.

scott-95

Reaction score
Members Ride
Daily VE SV6 & L67 Manual Pig.
Pull the rubber out of the boot well untill you can locate where its coming from, has it been in a rear end accedent?

andrews0604

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 01" V6
nah no accos.
i took the garnish off because i could see it had slight gap between the boot and garnish right on the top seal.
i replaced it. and so far had a few rainy days and hasn't had any water. so hopefully that'll stop most of it.
still just explain why i have slight water marks inside in my car above the rear passenger seat belt slots.