Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX seats in VS

Jake.VScommo

Yeaa... About that... Umm
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 toyota 4runner
hey, does anybody kno the best way to instal VX seats into a VS. i'm more concerned about the back but it would be gd to kno the best way to fit front and back. thanks :dance:

Jake.VScommo

Yeaa... About that... Umm
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 toyota 4runner
i'm worried about the hooks nd clamps or watever there is to clip the back seats down. i think they will need modifying

mastadd

Reaction score
Website
www.classicskylinesaustralia.com
Members Ride
Vu Spac Ute
Method 2: Smash, Bend and Fit

As time went by, holden ditched the flor catch idea for seat securing and went ot a seat catch concept. This catch consists of 2 Lage black clips located under the VT/VX seat (see pics).

You are going to utalise these clips! They wont just drop onto the catches unfortantually, but they can be modified to!

1) Using a hammer or large screwdriver, remove the black clip casing from wire base. Dont be gentle as there useless afterwards anyway, just dont ruin the seat!

2) You should be looking at 2 wire loops.

3) We are going to bend these loops to form new catches to position onto the catches on the floor.

4) Position yourslef so you are upright, the seat is on its side with the base facing you, and the back of the seat facing away from you.

5) Using a LARGE, i mean big, screw driver, slide it through the loop so that it is running east west to the seat.

6) Turn the screwdriver clockwise so that the clip starts to bend, stop when the clip has rotated 90DEG.

7) The clip on the seat should now be running (the hole) east/west insted of north/south.

8) This is where it gets a little tricky, Lay the seat down as it would normally be in the car, Using a torch, try to identify where the clips need ot be to get them to meet the catches.

9) Remeber here that the seat is differnet to the old one so it may have to sit further back.

10) Bend the hooks accordingly to make it fit.

This is trial and error thing until it fits to meet your car, each side will be difernet. Just keep at it until the seat fits to meet your needs.

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Wtf Jake? Did you not even read mastadd's post? He even gave you the link!
Yes they will need modifying, discuss it in the pre-existing thread though.

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
jake learn to use your search tool, i know everyone does this but your always doing it, and stop making yourself sound like a hoon and an absolute tool by saying you do illegal stuff and "cops will get ya but who gives" seriously just shup up.