Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy Auto Headlight Switch / Function not working!

hales91

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
Hey guys,

Recently when i switch to the auto head light function my headlights and interior lights are not illuminating, however my headlights do work when on the normal headlight function (so its not the globes).

I've read that if all lights aren't working (headlights, dash, Gears) then its probably the fuse.

So if that's the case, where is the fuse located for it and if not how do i fix it!?

Thanks

MEESEN

"SOON"
Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VY
Fuse would be under the steering wheel, it just pulls down.

If its a blown fuse just replace it with one of the spares if possiblevif not go buy one

hales91

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
BUMP...
checked all fuses none are blown?

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Sounds like a problem inside the actual switch to me. If it was a fuse, then there'd be nothing at all, whether on normal or auto. Get yourself another switch if you can, or you could TRY pulling yours apart and checking it out, but I had mine out once and it seemed to look a bit tricky to dismantle.
Wreckers first or buy a new one if you have to. Don't get up me though if you buy a new one and it wasn't the problem! It is just my thought on what the possible cause would be. Good luck!

MEESEN

"SOON"
Reaction score
Members Ride
'03 VY
Switch is easy to dismantle 4 clips on the back, pulls back out...
Then lift the white pole (switch pole or whatever its called) up and out with pliers

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Check the sensitivity you have it set for?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
As kcpwns has suggested, the switch's sensitivity can be adjusted via the mode buttons on the dash. Check the owner's handbook to see what's available. Also, is your light sensor on the top centre of the dash clean and free of dust etc. Is there any chance it has been damaged or become disconnected?