Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz manual LS1 won’t start

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Or get a multimeter on the back of it to make sure it’s doing what it should.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 1.48.48 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 1.49.33 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 2.01.08 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 2.01.17 pm.png

cruisingatnight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I’ll get the switch and let you know how it goes

Thanks
Hey I've found a fix for you 99% I've got the Same issue I've just stumbled across a fix and now I've been back to daily driving without issues get a obd2 scanner any scanner unlock the car make sure padlocks not flashing plug it into the obd2 port the car and start her up mine has the exact same issue it's the PIM module it acts as a gateway communication between the bcm and ecu and pim as the obd2 port has 2 grounds and with it connected into the obd2 port acts like a ground between all systems as the scanner reads every module on the car and relays it back I have no crank no start same errors pop up I forgot I had my scan tool connected to the obd2 port I thought I'd try once more and bam instantly started now issues let it idle for like 20 seconds and I noticed the obd2 was still plugged in I removed it and instantly the car cut out and wouldn't crank anymore so I said that was odd why would it of cut out as soon as I disconnected it I plugged it back in didn't touch it turned the key and bam again instantly started revs perfect runs and drives perfectly I even turned the car off with the scanner still plugged in and tryed to start it and bam started instantly again been driving at night in the day everything works with no issues at all so when I go into the shops ect if the scan tool doesn't turn off when I turn the car off (depends on model of scanner maybe settings if it turns off when ignition is turned off but have turned 3 scan tools and all of them work perfectly bonus if it's blue tooth I guess so there's not a cord but I just plug it back in when I'm ready to go and starts again instantly hopefully they helps let me know if it goes as I'm certain it'll work as it relays all the modules back to each other and the scanner acts as a ground ect and tricks the car into keeping communication with all systems that's why I believe as soon as I unplug it that's why it'll cut off but if I leave it plugged in I can drive around and have no issues what so ever legit if it works let me know I have video proof to show aswell and could save you or others now or in the future money and time especially helps in my case as I have a tune on my vz sv6 so if I were to replace everything I'd lose my tune any other questions ect message me on Facebook - James Carr has a green profile picture in the circle