Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WARNING LS3 Recall about to happen

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
They may not be adjustable however you can still check to ensure you haven’t damaged anything. My point is it’s Holden’s stuff up if they’re doing the rework I’d want a thorough job done & don’t think that’s expecting too much.
Holden arent doing the rework though. They're paying workshops a set amount of money to do the job to their specifications and method. Anything outside of that is a variation that if you want them to do, you can pay for.

Johnwantsmore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV redline
The other one is probably the air con drain tubes.

yep, thats what it is as mine was done on my service a couple weeks ago. Mine was an early 2017 so wasnt part of the other recall, but yea they did the drain tube and changed the handbook also for some strange reason

phantom0817

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Do we think all the letters should be out by now? I haven’t received one yet and my car is slap bang in the middle of the affected date range.

LordViykor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline - Spitfire Green
I got a letter before Christmas, still waiting on the dealer to get the part in.

Not really worried, I'll just keep driving mine around.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
How is it running

Fine. I had no issue prior to the replacement and they were replaced by the foreman under the eye of the HSV section (who were flat out). Only done 950 ks in total.

ausmac91

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Maloo
Did you have City do it? Just curious...I only called up the other day and they're waiting for more rocker arms.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Has anyone thought about swapping out the stock shocking rockers to a better engineered high performance set?
Just that it seems prudent, totally recommend it, and I think it qualifies as one of those functionally equivalent replacement parts covered under the Consumer Guarantee.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did you have City do it? Just curious...I only called up the other day and they're waiting for more rocker arms.

No, City had no stock. I was lucky that Metro Holden did so. They did it the week before Xmas which was just before they lost their Holden franchise so I was lucky. Maybe they had more stock due to all the police cars they serviced. In any event, very happy with what they did, just a shame to see them go as a dealer.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has anyone thought about swapping out the stock shocking rockers to a better engineered high performance set?
Just that it seems prudent, totally recommend it, and I think it qualifies as one of those functionally equivalent replacement parts covered under the Consumer Guarantee.

As best I can tell, apart from this current issue, the rocker arm has been solid for many years. However, changing to a higher lift cam would mean a change in better rockers would be advisable. Having said that, I have read some horror stories of people picking bits of rocker needle bearing out of the sump even with quality aftermarket stuff.