Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get on a VF?

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
After much research I found dealers were willing to give 4-5k discounts off RRP and of course willing to throw in small fry like mats and other stuff. Some city dealers were adhering to the holden embargo on discounts early on but apparently there was no embargo on country dealers so I got a good price in the country and then used it to bargain with a city dealer

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
^^^ Holden cannot and will not tell a dealer how much to sell the car for. At best they can suggest a retail price (RRP) but anything beyond that very much contravenes the trade practices act.

J

Jingle Bells

Hi Jbray 1984,
Here is the deal I obtained for a Heron White VF SV6........Drive away price $41,420...this price included Satnav:- $750, Full size Alloy Wheel:- $318, Moulded mudflaps front & rear:- $140, Window Tint:- $320.
Trade in price for my 2003 VY "S" with 157,000k's was $5,680...Total price is now $35,,740.
I have a Westpak Visa GM Card which gives you a rebate of $3000 from GMH if you purchase a new commodore.....Total price is now $32,740.
If you play in a Holden Golf Scramble during the year and you purchase a new Holden you receive a further rebate of $550 from GMH....Total price is now $32,190.

Not a bad deal ??????...by the way the Visa Card Rebate is no longer available from 2010 and expires in 2015....but over the last decade i have bought new holdens for myself and family all available with the $3000 rebate....By the way always pay my credit card before the due date....so all the rebates did not cost a cracker!

Cheers Jingle Bells.

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
I just got a price on a Pursian Steel VF SS sedan for $41,990 drive away cant wait to pick her up

jimmygrussell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
Hey thunderballs, did you take delivery of your ute yesterday??

thunderballs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Sedan
Hey thunderballs, did you take delivery of your ute yesterday??

Nah, I changed cars and dealers. That car still hasn't been built. I ordered it on 12 July but the dealer didnt order it with holden until 12 August, which moved delivery back to mid-late October. So I told them to get stuffed.

I am now getting a black Redline Ute for 51k drive away, only accessories are mats and tint. And this one is in stock and I drove it today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNnqEGRCqjU

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
I got a price the other day on one. Will post it later. Pretty poor price tho... Gonna try others.

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
This is what I got offered in Mackay. Pretty darn average I must say. Also quoted me, written down $2695 for a Walkinshaw 3" Cat back :eek:

Image.jpg