Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

afstruct

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I keep thinking $4k or a bit more for a hoist; is it worth my while? $4k is a lot of garage labour especially now that I do less and less on cars, over the last year or so. I also have no time and now that I have a car that rarely needs a whole lot done to it, compared to cars I've owned in the past I wonder if I can really justify the cost..?
I say I need to convince the wife, but in reality it's me that needs convincing, hahahaha.

Do it !!!
Just DO IT!!!!
JUST DO IT !!!!

I'll spend your money for you Ha Ha ha
VEs not getting any younger=more maintenance.
You like all of us are not getting younger.

JUST think/picture just one small thing= oil change = ute in the air , you standing up to change said oil and filter.
You miss your pit ( you say so)
SO A HOIST IS IN YOUR FUTURE !!!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Are you farkin' serious?????????????????

If you've got the money & most important of all garage space with concrete suitable for hoist it's a must have even biggest tight-arse won't regret it.

I'm still dreaming of the day council will legally let me build my dream garage with 2 hoists...4 post on one side for car storage & 2 poster for actual working on cars.

Fark laying on ground or being in pits...can't beat having a hoist at home...live the dream :(

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Do it !!!
Just DO IT!!!!
JUST DO IT !!!!

I'll spend your money for you Ha Ha ha
VEs not getting any younger=more maintenance.
You like all of us are not getting younger.

JUST think/picture just one small thing= oil change = ute in the air , you standing up to change said oil and filter.
You miss your pit ( you say so)
SO A HOIST IS IN YOUR FUTURE !!!

Are you farkin' serious?????????????????

If you've got the money & most important of all garage space with concrete suitable for hoist it's a must have even biggest tight-arse won't regret it.

I'm still dreaming of the day council will legally let me build my dream garage with 2 hoists...4 post on one side for car storage & 2 poster for actual working on cars.

Fark laying on ground or being in pits...can't beat having a hoist at home...live the dream :(
Watch this space.....

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Bought it a present - High Velocity Exhaust Jacket Kit 8 Cyl Includes Pinch Clip
11246-BGGM.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Priced up a hoist today, they seem to be about $3,500 for a basic single phase overhead, with screw pads that lifts to about 2m. Freight is the killer with his estimate being $600-$700 (awaiting final quote). Installation when I last enquired was about $1000, plus electrical. That was a bit over a year ago, so may have increased. I know cable, has gone up about 100% in the last 12 months.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Given the cost has gone up so much for a hoist I'm not sold on the idea. Won't be any change from $5.6k and could be over $6k Seems a lot for a bit of luxury.......

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Given the cost has gone up so much for a hoist I'm not sold on the idea. Won't be any change from $5.6k and could be over $6k Seems a lot for a bit of luxury.......
Get a full length ramps, then you can have a nap under the ute when you get a little tired.
Get up when finished & well rested.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport
Get a full length ramps, then you can have a nap under the ute when you get a little tired.
Get up when finished & well rested.
Getting up after a nap, what can go wrong :oops: Hopefully you’ll remember you napped under a car else you’ll have a headache when you wake and suddenly try to jump out of slumber :p