Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
we used Joel's garage, and will do the same again for our 4 poster.

Okay so I just went to look, the 2 poster clear floor has gone up since we purchased :(
I can get a Joel's clear floor (I think), from Allen's Hoists for $5k installed. Plus wiring it to the panel.

Tuff Lift is about $3840 for the hoist inc del to depot. I'm still waiting on an installation price. I suspect it will be $1200 - $1400 pickup and install.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So I will be making a final decision on this in the next few days. Right now I'm leaning towards the Joe's over the Tuff Lift. One it's a local Launceston Co I will be dealing with for purchase and installation, and two I have spoken to the installer who seemed quite helpful.

Tuff Lift outsource the installs and the installer never called me back like he said he would. I had planned to go with Tuff Lift since early last year but if it's too hard to call me back then I will take my business elsewhere and let Tuff Lift know my reasons for going elsewhere.

I feel like emailing Tuff Lift tonight, but I will give the installer until lunchtime tomorrow before I give up. I have money now and if it's too hard to give me five mins on the phone then I will go with the place who does have time.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Stripped the VP skid ute and cleaned off a couple seasons worth of rubber and stickers. Getting ready for new paint! <3

Before -
6D6E6856-3B7D-4FE6-B9C1-6E86A3BC0E33.jpeg

A881B167-EC92-43F8-B873-E095BBFB2861.jpeg

Tonight -
AF0A6686-EEE3-49B8-984D-82B2FC421A8B.jpeg

837B492F-E134-4045-AE68-1656F7408309.jpeg

17B6F33A-D561-4B3C-8393-6E9AEC73D04D.jpeg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Stuck the battery on charge about 4hrs ago. I was hoping it would charge before it's bed time. I should have known it normally takes 10-12hrs with 7a charger to get it to full. I'll check again at 10pm but probably a job for next weekend now. I try to charge it every couple of months due to me drawing a bit with the audio system and thinking it probably doesn't really fully charge with the alt alone.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
So I will be making a final decision on this in the next few days. Right now I'm leaning towards the Joe's over the Tuff Lift. One it's a local Launceston Co I will be dealing with for purchase and installation, and two I have spoken to the installer who seemed quite helpful.

Tuff Lift outsource the installs and the installer never called me back like he said he would. I had planned to go with Tuff Lift since early last year but if it's too hard to call me back then I will take my business elsewhere and let Tuff Lift know my reasons for going elsewhere.

I feel like emailing Tuff Lift tonight, but I will give the installer until lunchtime tomorrow before I give up. I have money now and if it's too hard to give me five mins on the phone then I will go with the place who does have time.
This is pretty much standard procedure for any company now. Too much easy money slopping around.
Too busy, going on a well-earned break, can't get staff yadda yadda.
They wait for you to beg them to come have a look to see if the job is easy enough.

I'm starting to sound bitter, but I've been dealing with trades for a while now, after the sewage stopped flowing in March.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
This is pretty much standard procedure for any company now. Too much easy money slopping around.
They wait for you to beg them to come have a look to see if the job is easy enough.

I'm starting to sound bitter, but I've been dealing with trades for a while now, after the sewage stopped flowing in March.
I got my own snake a few years ago.

Every time the dunny blocks up, l drop the snake down there (you know where :) ). I have it hooked up to the drill. There is 4 x 3m lengths. Total of 12 meters.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Exactly. Need a good recession to show them whose boss! In all seriousness most of them are always in gouge mode because they have had it too good for too long.

I’m getting a double carport installed (hopefully) and it’s costing about $12k! They said I’ll be lucky if it’s done in October. I signed up for it in April and had to pay a third in deposit and wait seven months!

It’s no wonder we have a house shortage in this country if it takes $12k and seven months to put up some bits of tin sheeting and four posts!

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Exactly. Need a good recession to show them whose boss! In all seriousness most of them are always in gouge mode because they have had it too good for too long.

I’m getting a double carport installed (hopefully) and it’s costing about $12k! They said I’ll be lucky if it’s done in October. I signed up for it in April and had to pay a third in deposit and wait seven months!

It’s no wonder we have a house shortage in this country if it takes $12k and seven months to put up some bits of tin sheeting and four posts!
For that price l'd do it myself. Put the posts in one day, next day or next week or next month (when l have the time). Next day l'd have the rest up, or maybe the next (2nd or 3rd day). Thats one person. But f#ck we are talking about a car port!

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
For that price l'd do it myself. Put the posts in one day, next day or next week or next month (when l have the time). Next day l'd have the rest up, or maybe the next (2nd or 3rd day). Thats one person. But f#ck we are talking about a car port!
I would but A) my back isn’t the best as it’s is and B) gotta get council approval and I’m sure they would probably block you because your not getting a builder to do it!

As it’s is the council fees are about $2k of the price and those fkers don’t even have to do anything but approve what you should already be allowed to do on your own land without their approval!

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
I would but A) my back isn’t the best as it’s is and B) gotta get council approval and I’m sure they would probably block you because your not getting a builder to do it!

As it’s is the council fees are about $2k of the price and those fkers don’t even have to do anything but approve what you should already be allowed to do on your own land without their approval!
For a garage, council approval, yes. For a carport, no. At least, l've never heard of a council building permit for a carport.

I've got a f#cked back too. I never let that stop me!
Do what you can, there's always tomorrow.