Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] What is 'le90' oil? Should it be used for a holden transmission?

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
There is such a thing as le90 however its used in industrial machines and heavy vehicles.

Sent from somewhere, somehow

misscalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6
I seriously have no idea what is the cause of it but at the moment im putting it down to the mechanic putting the wrong oil in. I took my own bottle of dex3 for him to put in but he said he needed more oil because of the flush he was doing... But should 2 different oils be mixed in the first place? He didnt do the service how i thought it was done. He connected some machine thingy to something at the top of my motor and said the machine he was using would flush the transmission thats why he had to use 10litres. but they were two different bottles. ?
I have seen Holden about it plus a different mechanic and also tried to find some info out on google and as far as i can see the oil he has used shouldnt of been used. Holden said to me "he shouldnt even be a mechanic, would he even know what a spanner is".
But anyways at this very moment i have dropped the oil and im putting dex3 in it, changing the filter and seeing if that makes it better. If not i guess this guy is going to pay for what he has done.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
meant no LE90 on the hi-tec website under transmission fluids.

His machine would have flushed the system out. The problem with it now is it needs flushing again if it's the incorrect oil in it, a standard service dropping the oil will not remove it all as the torque converter holds a couple of liters that won't come out unless it's flushed through......

misscalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6
how do I flush it and what do I use? would the car being on ramps drain it out because it's on ramps and has been since lastnight

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
LE products aren't all that reputable. The LE90 is thicker than the usual 90 weight so I have no idea why anyone would put it in a newer model car. I'd be getting the transmission serviced again by someone that actually has an idea of what they are doing.

Lol I read this and it just reminded me of this this
426.jpg

"What are you feelin?...30 weight...40 weight"

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Holden said to me "he shouldnt even be a mechanic, would he even know what a spanner is".

LOL, the irony amuses me greatly.

Most Holden mechanics wouldn't know there arse from there elbow either.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
LE90 is hydraulic oil. Wouldn't be put that in an auto.