Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VEsv6LY7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HFv6 ly7 2007
Actual 75 HP shot on it or a 75hp kit ? 75 HP real world on the V6 may be a 125 HP jet kit for a conventional bigger cube V8.

I thought you were doing all this naturally aspirated?

You could try but there's only a few companies that do them and aren't cheap. The stock one is 72mms which is a pretty decent size on a 3.6
There a company in America that had a bigger throttle body I researched ages ago, I’m half keen on trying it but yeah by the time I get the throttle body over here I’m looking at 700+ I think. So yes that part isn’t cheap.

H

harrop.senator

Nitrous is classed as forced induction in race classes as far as I'm aware. I've ran it myself and once in an ly7 but that was dodgy af.

With the mods you've got an manual I'd assume without the nitrous on a stock manifold you're looking at 210-230 rwhp tuned.

I'd be using a wet injection with a trigger box that pulls timing when the system is armed.

A 75 shot should get you close to 300 rwhp. I can't talk for drive train loss on these or most because I don't use engine dyno's. I've always used chassis dyno's.

But with an OTR , full exhaust , manifold spacers , tune and some giggle I'd be confident the rwhp would be in the 3's.

H

harrop.senator

There a company in America that had a bigger throttle body I researched ages ago, I’m half keen on trying it but yeah by the time I get the throttle body over here I’m looking at 700+ I think. So yes that part isn’t cheap.

You really think 4mm is worth the $700? You can get cams for that and with the right tune see another 30 hp or more.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Your wanting 300kw, no hope without boost. My cammed V8, with Magna, extractors and OTR only has 314kw.

H

harrop.senator

420whp isn't an only .... Number btw haha. Is pretty respectable.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute