Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is the proper way for hooking up the luggage net in the boot?

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Guys - My SV6 only has two hooks in the boot, but you shouldn't have to go buy two more hooks though - if you undo those hooks and pull off the panel (as if you were going to replace one of the tail lights) you will find one additional hook on either side hiding in that space screwed onto the chasis somewhere. Don't ask me why they did that.................

Curiosity got the better of me and I removed that plastic panel. I didn't see any additional hooks. What I will say is anyone looking at doing this check this space first. You'll need a phillips head and flat head screw driver to get all the plugs and screws out. Could save you $5.50 if you already have them.

Luggage net is getting full use this weekend. I don't put my grocery shopping in there but I stuck my work boots and ugg boots in there along with my emergency water bottle and jumper leads. Very handy.

thebulk

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE
Curiosity got the better of me and I removed that plastic panel. I didn't see any additional hooks. What I will say is anyone looking at doing this check this space first. You'll need a phillips head and flat head screw driver to get all the plugs and screws out. Could save you $5.50 if you already have them.

Luggage net is getting full use this weekend. I don't put my grocery shopping in there but I stuck my work boots and ugg boots in there along with my emergency water bottle and jumper leads. Very handy.

Hey Bullitt,

If you can be bothered try this mate, have a look at what holds the tail lamp cluster in place......my addtional hooks are actually holding each tail lamp cluster in place from memory right at the outside of the lamp assembly (almost touching the side of the chasis. So a couple of replacement standard nuts would replace the hooks ...... Dunno if you can be bothered looking again though......

interesting

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
The net saved me the other day. Had a lot of shopping bags.