Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] What to buy!$

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
What are people's thoughts on a 2008 Commodore Omega VE Auto MY09?

Take a longer term perspective and, if you can, spend a little more money and get a series 2 VE with the SIDI engine rather than the old alloytec.

If you end up buying one of the alloytec engines that has not had the timing chains replaced yet or a poor cheap job was done when they were replaced you will not be pleased.

If I were you I would buy something like this Wagon. Look at the 36000 kms and the asking price for this series 2, MY12 Wagon which looks like it is in mint condition. If you offered the owner about $13000 for it they might take it. Over 5 years that is only $2600 spent per year and you are not buying a high km and potential mechanical money pit.
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Commodore-2011/SSE-AD-4770378/?Cr=16

If the owner was trading this car on a new Commodore he or she would be lucky to get $11000 for it but the dealer would pop it on the lot with a $16000 or more retail asking price..

Just beware of all the overpriced mechanically worn VEs on the market with high kms because there are large numbers of them for sale at inflated prices - especially the series 1 cars.

Don't forget to budget for that NSW State Government extortion otherwise known as the registration transfer fee.