Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wireless CarPlay / android auto

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I am pretty sure as the only Bluetooth connection I have is to the Mylink I have included screenshots of my Bluetooth and wifi on my phone when connected
Also the module is shown in my Bluetooth devices but is not connected

its easy to work out, unpair the mylink from your phone and see if the audio continues.

if the audio does not continue then the phone is being used to connect to the mylink for audio.

if this is the case it means the module is useless without a phone in the mix as the module is not connecting to the mylink to transmit the audio, you need a phone to do that part.

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
its easy to work out, unpair the mylink from your phone and see if the audio continues.

if the audio does not continue then the phone is being used to connect to the mylink for audio.

if this is the case it means the module is useless without a phone in the mix as the module is not connecting to the mylink to transmit the audio, you need a phone to do that part.
If I disconnect the MyLink Bluetooth the audio stops straight away unless you plug in the Aux cable for the audio to play.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

Without a phone there is no point having carplay/android auto as the module doesn't really do anything without it

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Without a phone there is no point having carplay/android auto as the module doesn't really do anything without it

depends on the module you have purchased.

carplay and android auto are just a software layer over an operating system which every module will have.
other cp/aa modules you can buy still have built in functions like media players, navigation etc that do not require a phone but if the module you have only has the aa/cp layer then a phone must be used at all times.

the way those modules are supposed to work is your phone only connects to the module and that module is what connects to the mylink but it seems that no one has the ability to workout the connection order with it so the best you can do is find a way it will work and just leave it like that.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
depends on the module you have purchased.

carplay and android auto are just a software layer over an operating system which every module will have.
other cp/aa modules you can buy still have built in functions like media players, navigation etc that do not require a phone but if the module you have only has the aa/cp layer then a phone must be used at all times.

the way those modules are supposed to work is your phone only connects to the module and that module is what connects to the mylink but it seems that no one has the ability to workout the connection order with it so the best you can do is find a way it will work and just leave it like that.
I tried to watch a media file but because I have a series two and no AUX, there is no sound from the media file playing to Mylink. I actually prefer the bluetooth for the phone as I can still use my USB music I have through the USB port without having to switch the sound for the phone to AUX. The only downside is you have to hit the button to hear text messages twice to activate the phone via Mylink.

Otherwise I am happy with this unit. I have been driving VF cars for nearly 11 years now and nice to have a different screen to look at.

snistr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf Calais V
Here is my experience with the cc/aa unit for my series 2 ssv.

- Pretty easy to install as per the instructions.
- I use the mylink bluetooth to run the audio whilst using the cc/aa via wifi for visual.
- being it's a series 2, i can't use the usb which is annoying as I thought I could based on the description when purchasing. I really dint want to use the mylink bluetooth as it's crackly when I first start the car for about 2-3 minutes but looks like I do t have a choice
- also can't get volume to show on the screen but the ac controls do show up.

One thing which I haven't worked out is the voice commands like "hey google" etc which is handy whilst driving. The prompt comes up but it's as if no mic isn't connected. I have the oe moc setting activated which allows phone calls etc. Just seems to effect the voice prompts.

Anyone else experience this?

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
@snistr

Have you tried turning off the oe moc option as the only options I have on are the driving radar and the aircon setting and everything else works like it should.

That is weird my voice commands work fine I just say hey Siri or Siri and it works even reads my messages and notifications; I have no crackling from the Bluetooth when I first start the car.

I have emailed the manufacture about the volume not been displayed and just waiting on a response back from them.

snistr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf Calais V
@snistr

Have you tried turning off the oe moc option as the only options I have on are the driving radar and the aircon setting and everything else works like it should.

That is weird my voice commands work fine I just say hey Siri or Siri and it works even reads my messages and notifications; I have no crackling from the Bluetooth when I first start the car.

I have emailed the manufacture about the volume not been displayed and just waiting on a response back from them.
Yeah it's odd.

When I switch the car on, phone automatically connects to mylink via Bluetooth and the cc/aa via wifi. So when I use voice commands, it activates but it's as if there is no mic there to hear my voice. I thought I needed to use the oe mic for the factory microphone. I'll try turning it off and see what happens

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah it's odd.

When I switch the car on, phone automatically connects to mylink via Bluetooth and the cc/aa via wifi. So when I use voice commands, it activates but it's as if there is no mic there to hear my voice. I thought I needed to use the oe mic for the factory microphone. I'll try turning it off and see what happens
You can hold down the phone button the steering wheel for more than 4 seconds to activate siri too. The issue with the car play is when it first reads out the message the car does not pick up the bluetooth audio until usually when you touch re-read message which is a pain. Also no audio notification there is a new text. It is on the screen and i find out because my watch has vibrated on my arm.

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
You can hold down the phone button the steering wheel for more than 4 seconds to activate siri too. The issue with the car play is when it first reads out the message the car does not pick up the bluetooth audio until usually when you touch re-read message which is a pain. Also no audio notification there is a new text. It is on the screen and i find out because my watch has vibrated on my arm.
when I get a new message or WhatsApp mine displays a notification on the screen and starts reading it straight away that is a setting which is enabled in the CarPlay setting if you want that.

I have also received an update from the manufacture today the link is only valid for 7 days.